Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Fuel injectors/rail question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel injectors/rail question

I have currently installed the TSI turbo kit in my 05 Lancer ES. I have professionals at a Dyno Center working with it and they are having the same problem of the fuel running too lean, The car accelerates to a ceratin point, then it takes forever to get up to high speeds. The kit came with an extra fuel injector set the goes inbetween the intake manifold and the cold air intake system. We think that could possibly be the problem or the stand alone fuel management system that came with it isn't working either. Also, the boost builds up but then it just goes bye bye. More or less my question is since the stock injectors are there instead of bigger ones is that the problem mainly? Or what other problems could it be that the vehicle is running lean? Anyone who can help please put some input into this.

P.S. If anyone knows where to get bigger aftermarket fuel injectors for this vehicle please hook me up with a link, phone number, or whomever I need to talk to, to get some injectors or a bigger fuel rail. Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We can sell you some injectors but it sounds like you have many problems with your kit right now. Resolve those first.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Go to RRM and get a fuel rail and the 370 cc injectors that go w/ their stage 2.

Did you upgrade your fuel pump?
Depending on how much boost your putting out at the moment, Injectors shouldn't be an issue. Stock ones should supply enough to suffice, if you fuel pump is sending enough pressure.
What Fuel injectors did the kit supply?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

TSi still ignores the fuel pump right? You need a bigger pump with that FMU they provide, not an extra injector or any other mumbo jumbo.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah TSI tech support is horrible. They didn't help us out with squat. They just agree or disagree. They ignore the fuel pump though in the kit. I wanted to restock it and buy the RRM kit, but they insisted it will work on my car. We are taking it step by step though starting with the fuel management system, then the added injector to see if those are the problem. If they aren't I will have to upgrade at least my injectors and possibly the fuel rail too. The thing is that TSI said that this kit will fit the 05 Lancer ES, but they is alot of heavy modding that had to be done with it. Rock are you sure you have bigger injectors and a fuel rail that will fit the 2005 Lancer ES? I'm asking because last time I checked there wasn't any on your site.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

upgrade your fuel pump..
Old Jul 27, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

02-06 lancers have the same engine pretty much. The only thing that changed was in 04 if im not mistaken they changed to a returnless fuel system.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evodreamer28
02-06 lancers have the same engine pretty much. The only thing that changed was in 04 if im not mistaken they changed to a returnless fuel system.
So does the 05 Lancer Es have a returnless fuel system? If so, what kind of fuel management products should I go with?
Old Aug 6, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Go out and get a walbro 255lph fuel pump. that will solve the fuel problem and maybe the boost one as well. It's something like $90 new and will solve a few headaches.

Last edited by rcefstsfecr; Aug 6, 2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

What site can I get the walbro 255lph fuel pump from?