Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Gas gauge oopsy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas gauge oopsy

So. I was playing around with the cluster, pulled it out messed with different light options and such. I pulled the needles off, after fiddling put them back on, i didnt mess with any of the gauge internals ( other than the lights) and now my gas gauge is a tad off... ( see attached picture for full mark )

This is the gas gauge right after connecting it.. im afraid it wont go down.. i adjusted it to the full mark, and when its off the needle goes as far down as possible... did i break something? im guessing its going to be a 1/4 tank off now.. damn it... if possible i'll buy a new cluster and just swap that gas gauge internals around.

I know the lights have hot spots. just playing around with LED's i have.
I
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I had the problem when I did mine. What I did was, take the clear plastic off, and go fill the car. Pull the needle off, then slide it back on in the correct location. You might have to mess with it a couple times to get it right. I adjusted it with a full tank and with the car running.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Did you remove the filter paper on your odometer reading? If not, you should. It would look a million times better. Looks really dark, that's why I asked.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
Did you remove the filter paper on your odometer reading? If not, you should. It would look a million times better. Looks really dark, that's why I asked.
I didnt even notice any paper filter, i'll have to take it apart again and adjust the needle as i just filled up. it is dark, really the whole set up is kinda dark, i thought the needles would light up more. it might be that the spread isnt as wide as it should be on my setup. What led bulbs did you go with?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

The high intensity ones from super bright led. If you take the clear plastic off. You'll have to take the odometer screen off I believe. There's a piece of colored plastic that filters the light that passes thru. That's why if you noticed when you took the bulbs out. The one that went behind the LCD display had a different color cover on the bulb. Just remove the plastic behind the LCD. It will come thru completely clear then
Old Feb 24, 2015, 02:20 PM

I got my gas gauge figured out, just pulled if off and placed it back while the car ran and it found its spot. derp lol. i feel better. these little things always stress me.. i hate not having a working gauge
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by LTCirabisi
I got my gas gauge figured out, just pulled if off and placed it back while the car ran and it found its spot. derp lol. i feel better. these little things always stress me.. i hate not having a working gauge

can you tell me exactly how you fixed it? I had same issue after cleaning the cluster pulled the dial pins off now fuel gauge and temp gauge both always on maximum...

much appreciated..