Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Dashlight problem.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dashlight problem.

Hi. I installed an aftermarket stereo into my 2002 lancer es. In doing so I ran into a lot of problems. Shouldn't have taken as long as it did to install it but... It did... My dimmer stopped working. My dashlights itself work but only if the headlights are off. And if the car is shut off. Same with my PRND321. THEY will work without the car running or headlights off. When my car is also shut off. My orange lights in the front are still lit up as well as my license plate light. Can not for the life of me figure this out. And same with most of the mechanics I've taken the car too. With the lights on by themselves (it's been two months now) it finally has started to corrode my battery. Hasn't killed it within the months of the defect. But now has. And I'm at a loss and can't figure this out. Checked all fuses too. And even changed some and still effect. Possibly could be a short in a wire? Help
Old Dec 17, 2015, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Did this start happening after you installed the radio? If so, take the radio back out and look for the orange wire. Might have a black or white stripe. Make sure that the wire it taped up really good. If it were to guess, when you turn the headlights on, that wire is shorting out against metal or something that's grounded. Or you tied it into a ground. This is very bad, could cause it to catch fire. Hope this helps
Old Dec 17, 2015, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The wire I mentioned is the dimmer wire for the radio.