Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Bluetooth Issue

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Issue

Hi,

Hope there's a gentleman or lady on here who can help.

My lancers Bluetooth stopped working about 2 years ago and I didn't do anything about it. But recently decided to figure it out. Since it stopped working nothing would happen after pressing the steering wheel controls but recently I removed the dash and inspected the module and stereo connections but it was like lookin at a ducks **** ha. There is a cable going from the module to a white connector or adapter behind the glove compartment, other side of that connector nothing is plugged into it.

Behind the radio is the antenna cable I presume, and two other wires that go into the back of the radio system. There are two cables then which are attached to nothing.

The module will come on now from time to time with an icon of a low battery and eventually dies without response again. So would it seem the module isn't getting power. I'm wondering when it was in the garage did someone forget a cable or an adapter cable.

The module does operate until it does, unit says no phone is paired to it aswell.

Can anyone help explain from the module the cable layout and in electrics for dummies ha.

Greatly appreciated people 😀
Old Nov 23, 2016, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Remove the glove box. Remove the 'cardboard panel' above the glove box opening. You should see a small black box (look up). That is the BT module. Is it there/ Is it plugged in?

I assume you have the basic (non-fosgate) system. If so - those other two white connector behind the radio are there solely for fosgate radios - unused for you..
Old Nov 23, 2016, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Veronica,

Thanks for replying. OK that's cool. So that rules out those two cables that are free. It's a non fosgate setup.

Bluetooth module is there, cable connected to it and from the module runs to and connects to a white connector(like a socket on either side). Module plugs into the connector but nothing connected to other side of this connector. I'm wondering does the wiring mains from the 12v connect to the other side of this connector to give power to the module ?

Thanks again
Dom
Old Nov 28, 2016, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
HHmmm. Unless the garage disconnected it (and from the OP it doesn't sound like they did - since you didn't have them change the headunit or anything I assume)...

So, since the BT module is known to fail on these cars I would suggest replacing the module.