Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

code p0300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
code p0300

i just erased the code and i was wondering how long it will take for the SES light to come back? my reason for erasing it was hoping a new code with more details would arise. ive bought new coils and spark plugs but havent gotten to the spark plugs yet from lack of tools. what ive done to have this happen, not much first i unscrewed the coils and pulled out the plugs when i noticed i couldnt get to the spark plugs and that one of my coils was broken [the wire inside was just sitting on top of a spark plug]. i tried to take the "head gasket?" off to get closer so i unbolted those and well i couldnt even pull it off, wouldnt even budge. after feeling defeated i went on to my next mission which was to clean the throttle body and i unplugged the two pieces and took out the 4 bolts and it was still connected from some wire i have no name for but it opens and closes the throttle body so i just left it like that and tried as best i could to wipe away what i could. thats when i turned the car on and was like wtf did i do. first the car wouldnt even stay on, putting it in reverse it would die really quick[my goal was to go around the block lol] so i retightened the bolts on the "head gasket" and well i made it around the block but it died as soon as i hit the driveway. this is my day nightmare anything would help thanks
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by csgod769
i just erased the code and i was wondering how long it will take for the SES light to come back? my reason for erasing it was hoping a new code with more details would arise. ive bought new coils and spark plugs but havent gotten to the spark plugs yet from lack of tools. what ive done to have this happen, not much first i unscrewed the coils and pulled out the plugs when i noticed i couldnt get to the spark plugs and that one of my coils was broken [the wire inside was just sitting on top of a spark plug]. i tried to take the "head gasket?" off to get closer so i unbolted those and well i couldnt even pull it off, wouldnt even budge. after feeling defeated i went on to my next mission which was to clean the throttle body and i unplugged the two pieces and took out the 4 bolts and it was still connected from some wire i have no name for but it opens and closes the throttle body so i just left it like that and tried as best i could to wipe away what i could. thats when i turned the car on and was like wtf did i do. first the car wouldnt even stay on, putting it in reverse it would die really quick[my goal was to go around the block lol] so i retightened the bolts on the "head gasket" and well i made it around the block but it died as soon as i hit the driveway. this is my day nightmare anything would help thanks

Ok take a step back buddy your getting a little ahead of yourself. I doubt you pulled your head gasket off, to get the spark plugs you need a spark plug socket and a long extension. If you want to get the spring/coil piece off just use long needle nose pliers.

Be careful when you wipe your throttle body because from the factory its got a sealant around the plate that looks like soot and gunk but its to close the gap of the plate, so you may have created a big leak. The cable that is still attached sounds like your throttle cable, which if you've unbolted all 4 bolts for the throttle body you can turn it and the cable will come out.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:31 AM

Yea sorry big noob here I may have wiped away that sealant. I just changed my spark plugs and I'm still getting the code.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

the misfire is probably from your coil not properly making contact with the spark plug, did you fix the issue with the spring/ coil?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:56 AM

Yes I've replaced the coil went I start the engine I do hear a weird noise from one cylinder with the ignition coil
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

what kind of weird sound. Can you post a video? Even pics would help I feel like you forgot to connect something lol.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 01:49 PM

Ok so turns out my neighbor is a bit of a mechanic and found the problem in the throttle body something inside. When he took a small green hose from the top the misfires stopped and the idle was smooth
Old Jun 25, 2017, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so turns out my neighbor is a bit of a mechanic and found the problem in the throttle body something inside. When he took a small green hose from the top the misfires stopped and the idle was smooth
He put back a hose you mean? Like you forgot to put one back?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 02:17 PM

No he took it out.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

No he took it out.
do you have a photo of the hose by chance?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 02:47 PM

Yes of course

They are black now but I promise that one is green and the other is yellow
Old Jun 25, 2017, 03:41 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
That's an important hose. You're gonna need that. You need to fix the actual problem. Wiping the sealant out of the throttle body is something to do right away. Get some molycoat and reapply the seal. Then you can move on to work out other problems.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
That's an important hose. You're gonna need that. You need to fix the actual problem. Wiping the sealant out of the throttle body is something to do right away. Get some molycoat and reapply the seal. Then you can move on to work out other problems.
Yea. Exactly why I asked for a pic, I was afraid if it being something that's needed.

Follow that line and see what's going on you might find your problem.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 06:18 PM

Ok so the engine only begins to stutter or misfire when the hose is plugged in I've tried plugging both sides with my finger or tooth pick to to try to find what side it's on. So I'm not sure which way to follow. I was told my throttle body needed to be replaced a few weeks ago though also where can I find molykote locally or something similar

Edit seems like the line goes to the throttle body mainly the other side doesn't seems like it would be the problem because it doesn't carry much stress and it's made of copper it doesn't run far either

Edit2 how important is this hose, this is my daily driver and I have a job, I must drive from sac to the bay which is about 100 miles, then through the week I'm stuck in bay area traffic for an hour to two hours daily.

Last edited by csgod769; Jun 25, 2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Im not sure how it is on your car but on my evo those lines run to stuff like EGR and FPR

Quick Reply: code p0300