Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Fuel problem?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel problem?

Hello, new here to this forum, my name is Connor. So thanks in advance for reading my post. The vehicle I have is a 02 Lancer ES with 210K miles on it. Yesterday I went to start my car for the first time of the day, and it died instantly after it started. I started it again and it fired up normally without any problems. Later that night on my way home from work, I gave it 70% throttle from a dead stop and the car completely stalled, but as soon as I let off the gas pedal the engine returned to idle normally. Then I drove it home normally without any issues. The car has an automatic trans. I've done research on the symptoms my car is experiencing and they seem to point to a possibly clogging fuel filter/strainer or a bad fuel pump? Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any help would be great, thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 05:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey Conner

Welcome aboard & thanks for joining us on the EvOM boards

Cant help too much w/the diagnosis but wondering if it has thrown a CEL. I would access the OBDII port & run the reader

Joe
Old Oct 25, 2017, 03:06 PM

Okay, there is no check engine light on. I just went to O'reilly's to get a free scan and no codes were found. The vehicle cut out on me when I was cruising at 40mph today, the rpm dropped and then shot back up and continued driving normally.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:47 PM

Okay guys, I'm having more trouble with my Lancer so any advice would be appreciated. I installed a brand new Denso fuel pump assembly thinking it was the problem, but it wasn't. The car was running great all day, then I went out to drive it somewhere later and as soon as I put it in drive and started to take off it sputtered out and slowly died. I tried to start it 6 times after that, it would barley just start and sputter out and slowly die every time. I parked the car and went out the next day and now it's running, I drove it around and it seemed okay. Then when I was driving down my street, it cut out and died and then came back on again and then I parked it. I don't believe the problem has anything to do with fuel now, maybe a sensor is going bad? MAF sensor, Cam sensor, Crank sensor, TPS sensor? Has anyone experienced something like this? Please let me know asap! Thanks!