Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Brake Help (TLDR @ End)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Brake Help (TLDR @ End)

hey guys so here is the deal i have a 2011 GTS and i need to figure out what size the brakes are (don't have the money to upgrade to eco brakes atm) but firstly i think you will need a little background on the car itself so it was sold in new york originally and made its way here to california where it currently resides now when i went in to orally trying to figure out what size the rear rotors and pads are they told me there were several options and i wasn't able to pull them off to bring them in, however i am in desperate need of replacing them at this point so i could really use some experienced help, i know that there are some nuances and differences between cars sold in new york and cali... HELP ME PLEASE

TLDR: What size brakes do 2011 GTS' sold in new york have?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
really should not be any difference between the states when it comes to brakes for your model. Your vehicle is specific, meaning it is a GTS from 2011 so it has a 2.4L motor. Brakes are slightly bigger than from the ES or DE models. Same size as the Ralliart to be exact.

I am curious to know what it is that you need changed. Pads or Pads AND rotors? Finally, save yourself the headache and go to Mitsubishi. The pads aren't expensive there.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Sokar
Finally, save yourself the headache and go to Mitsubishi. The pads aren't expensive there.
If you want OEM pads you're better off calling Mitsu to get the part number and then just ordering them off Mitsubishipartswarehouse or something. Dealership will always charge more. Even with my wholesale discount the dealer can't beat MPW prices.