Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2004 OZ Rally P0171

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 OZ Rally P0171

I've owned this car for about a year now and started having this issue about a month ago, Completely stock car no mods.

About a month ago the car stopped making power, real bad. Sputtering, inability to get past 3k rpm upon WOT. Although if i let off it would rev all the way out very slowly. Then as i drove it, it would get slightly better every time until i got to where i am now.

The check engine light finally came on displaying a P0171 Bank 1 Lean condition. Idle speed is fine even though it feels a little rough (like its got a little wobble to it) and feels fine at about 1/4 throttle, pressing it any more and nothing happens. Feels exactly like it does at 1\4 throttle, until 4500 rpm when I get some power back but what i should be getting. Checked the TPS with my scanner and it reads correctly. Have triple checked the vacuum system with no leaks and replaced MAF, MAP, both O2 sensors. About to try fuel pressure and leaning toward dirty injectors. The engine sound can only be described as sad, the spark plugs in the center are what appears to be leaner then the outer ones. Very confused on where to go next, having trouble diagnosing, anything helps, thanks.
In order from 1 to 4 left to right