Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Overheating/Whining Issue?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overheating/Whining Issue?

Hey everyone, new here to try to diagnose the issues I'm having with my 2014 Lancer ES. Any help greatly appreciated!

So.. In the past two months I'm gone to PA from Cleveland twice, for a weekend each time. First time was a 2 hour 45 minute trip, second was 2 hours, each way.. The first trip, there was a whining noise when I would accelerate on the highway (mostly highway whole way), but both times, on the way back, almost at the same place, like 30 minutes from Cleveland I had the same issue. A temperature warning light would come on and tell me to slow down, but the temperature gauge was still showing less than half. It was having issues accelerating. it would accelerate a lot slower than normal. The first time I pulled into a gas station and sat with the car off for 10 minutes, than it was fine. Second time I kept going and it went back to normal once I got off the exit in Cleveland onto the city streets. Both times it made a whining sound everytime I would accelerate..

Normally have no issues whatsoever driving to and from work (20min) or driving anywhere else but this has me worried still.

Also, the second trip when I would get to about 100mph it kind of jerked like it was trying to catch the gear, does this mean the last gear could be jacked up?