Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

My SRT-4 One Year Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, this is definitely the most mature forum for appreciating other cars. SRT-4 haters run deep in most other places.

Besides, the SRT-4 owners on this forum are obviously EVO fans so there's mutual respect.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Man, why can't Mitsu offer factory backed staged upgrades including coliovers and such. My dealer said my whole suspension warantee is shot if I add springs. total BS.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, I had my Evo serviced while on vacation a couple of weeks ago in Indiana and the tech flat out told me that with my mods (turbo back exhaust with cat-delete, injen cold air intake with hard pipe, and Greddy bov my warranty is gone. He was cool about it though and suggested that if I had any problems with the car while still under warranty back home in Texas, take everything off before going to the dealer(like duh)...That's what he does with his 03 Cobra. I wish to God we didn't have to do all that crap just to keep our warranty. Oh well...
Old Oct 14, 2004, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SRT-4's are hot... best bang for the buck if you ask me.. every time someone goes "its just a neon" i tell em "yea..one that will smoke your car" (usually a honda driver). i have much respect for them. good review.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

just to add......based on my good experience with the SRT and all the aftermarket performance offered by the factory (Mopar) I'm definitely looking at what the new Charger will offer. If they support that big Hemi V8 with performance mods and offer similar coilover and suspension upgrades that'll be the Rustang killer of all time!!!!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

yup! awesome car, thanks for the review thats good to hear.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

just got my srt4. all i can say is the mopar parts are cheap. but our dealership here dont wanna install the parts- the guy that sold me the car says its all about the warranty. so if ever they dont install it and i have a warranty claim and i got mopar aftermarket goodies, they could just deny me.
oh well, i am just excited as my evo will get a ton of rest and the srt4 will become m y daily driver.... i will just post my "reviews" on the car after using it for some time.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ap-evo83
just got my srt4. all i can say is the mopar parts are cheap. but our dealership here dont wanna install the parts- the guy that sold me the car says its all about the warranty. so if ever they dont install it and i have a warranty claim and i got mopar aftermarket goodies, they could just deny me.
oh well, i am just excited as my evo will get a ton of rest and the srt4 will become m y daily driver.... i will just post my "reviews" on the car after using it for some time.

wow...that sucks about your dealer.....mine is great!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 06:11 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by ap-evo83
My impression is that the Mopar parts would not void the warranty. Why else would you buy aftermarket parts from Dodge?
Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

Everything I've heard/read lately has said that Mopar parts can void your warrenty. Some dealers may be nice and let them slide, but there's no guarantee.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pretty good time 1/4 mile time in an srt-4
Old Oct 15, 2004, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

yeah this little fwd can boot, several sub 13second runs with wga (160$) and stage 1 (389) definitely varies from dealer to dealer with the warranty though. I brought my car in for some work with the stage 1 turbo upgrade kit, borla stainless exhaust, and agp wga set at 16psi as well as a bov and they covered it just fine. Love this car but the evo is still my first love!
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:19 AM

i have had my srt for 6 months its a great car. no problem its still stock been spending most my money on the evo. the next 2 weeks my evo wil be in the shop and ill be driving the srt more so ill probably want to start modding lol. but i think its a hell of a car power wise im gonna take it to the track next weekend for the first time and see how bad i launch fwd lol 2700 feels pretty good though in it. any tips from you guys that have already tracked would help so i dont make a fool out my self or the car lol.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad to hear that American cars are doing good. I feel bad for buying all these German Japanese cars and not even one American. I am just waiting for the Focus RS turbo
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:53 AM

my comment

Great car but... dunno why they don't offer power windows on the two back door.. it is stupid... (Save cost?) how much different..

Quick Reply: My SRT-4 One Year Review