Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

New Audi WRC car...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2002, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Audi WRC car...

Looks interesting, but I dont have much more other than this pic.
Attached Thumbnails New Audi WRC car...-post-1-1037743815.jpg  
Old Nov 19, 2002, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Very interesting. Looks like a cross between the TT and the new Pajero Evolution concept. I thought that all WRC cars had to be based (however loosely) on a line production car, and if so, what the HELL is this in the Audi line up? Just wondering.
Old Nov 19, 2002, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

dude..is it just me.. or is like every new rally type car getting all fuglied up and space aged and whatnot
Old Nov 19, 2002, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
It could be a variation of the new A3 or something.

Have in mind that this is just a picture, so that it could stay just as that too!

And yes, for some strange reason, all of the new WRC cars are getting to look alike...

Mr. AWD
Old Nov 19, 2002, 09:24 PM

Looks a little computer generated/superimposed to me. Where did you find the pic? I thought Audi got out of WRC and other rallies because their quattro got banned for being too kick ***?
Old Nov 19, 2002, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Evodreamer
Looks a little computer generated/superimposed to me. Where did you find the pic? I thought Audi got out of WRC and other rallies because their quattro got banned for being too kick ***?

The quattro owned all of Group B, but now that the other companies have finally caught up, it would make for some great WRC races. Audi will show everyone how its done

now if only Lancia would get its act together...
Old Nov 19, 2002, 09:37 PM

I haven't heard that bit about everyone catching up. Audi can put some rediculous amount of torque (88%??) on one wheel. I havn't seen anyone else claim that # or what ever the hell it's highness is.
Old Nov 26, 2002, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

but if audi is putting their whole budget on le mans why would they put it into rallying?
Old Nov 26, 2002, 06:11 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
a RC(remote controlled) car?
Old Nov 26, 2002, 06:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO if Audi was getting into WRC, wouldn't they use the A4 or the (this is a longshot) the TT? Personally I would like to see Audi get into WRC.
Old Nov 26, 2002, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

yup almost all the conecpt WRC car line ups r gettin fugly ..... basically coz most of them r adopting round n curvy edges....which doesnt seem tht too apppealing to the eye
Old Nov 26, 2002, 06:34 AM

If they did get back into wrc, the S3 would match the styles of the other european cars.
Old Nov 26, 2002, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

looks like a Tyco remote control car to me
Old Nov 27, 2002, 04:23 PM

That picture is definitely comp. generated. I don't see audi going back into the WRC, not because of the quattro system (which has been upgraded beyond belief since when it debut), but because audi has turned over a new league. a few reason's i don't see those 4 rings returning to get down and dirty.

-VW (0wning audi and all) has already whored out it's engine to skoda for rallying. So they really don't need audi in there to contend.
-Audi is losing big time on R&D for the new (production) models they want to bring to america and the one's that were designed in euro
-Audi also has invested mucho grande money in their new super-car coming up.
-Audi spends god knows what on the LMP900 class, and they will have to spend twice as much to stay ahead as other companies are catching on to their secrets. They must always remain ahead, so once again lots of budget going into R&D for the racing mobiles. I'm sure most of their competitive time and effort go towards races on track as well as coming up with tuning guides for private companies (champion who races the S4)
-I still don't think audi's quattro is permitted in the WRC (will give reasons/comparisons some other time)
-Audi is on a whole new suspension/chassis basis, not really something for rally, but more focus on track (road-course, not really the 1/4 although tunable for that too)