Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Need big brake kit for an Escalade ESV??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need big brake kit for an Escalade ESV??

Well, I'm have been summoned to find a big brake kit for my friends 03 Escalade ESV. is there anyone on here with any experience that could help me. I have no idea of where I could find these parts for his truck. He wants to do a 14" or 15" kit in the front and something similar in the back. are there any venders or carshops on here that could help. the only place that has a kit is lingenfelter performance enineering, and stillen. I showed him a picture of what was on the lingenfelter's (RIP) website and he said that's what he wants. IF anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. He's also gonna go with some different wheels. I know for the front, since it has an 8 piston caliper it's gonna need a special or certain offset wheel to do it. He doesn't wanna go with a big huge wheel. he just wants to do some 20's. thanks for any help.

-Chad-
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone..... anybody know of any website I could go to.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i too would like to know of any kind of big brake kit for trucks
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brembo sells truck kits now.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

yeah. that's what all the lingenfelter trucks and suv get. go to www.lingenfelter.com and check out the GM/GMC truck front and rear brake kit. it's a 15" rotor 8 piston caliper in the front and 14" rotor 6 piston caliper in the rear.

-Chad-
Old Nov 24, 2004, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

well for those who are interested baer make a suv kit that's upgrades the rotor to a 14" but utilizes the stock caliper for reliablity, noise, and dust issues. the front and rear kit is 1375 and needs no modifactions.. the brembo's needed you to modify the steering knuckle. I'm guess to clear the huge 8 piston calipers. for my friends use. the baer or gonna be more relistic. I know his doesn't want the extra noise, dust, and anything else that comes along with High performance brakes. His dad has an CL65AMG and he says after driving it he really need to upgreade the brakes on his escalade.

-Chad-