Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Audi A4 1.8T

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2005, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A4 1.8T

I thought Id share this story.

I was at my parents house when my aunt came over to walk with my mom and she brought her new A4 1.8T. Nice looking car.

Well they got home and I said to my mom she should drive it. She refused because its a 5 speed. lol. My aunt said I could. So I did. I got in took it slow until I was past our trees and laid 'er down. It wasnt that great then I thought well maybe it was because I was in 2nd at 20mph, so I take a turn and try it again. Shift at 6500k until I was in 4th, still not that good. When I looked down after a while of staying in it in 4th I was going 80-90mph. It was quick but I was expecting a lot more. My Lude is better than this which I wasn't expecting.

No one probaly cares but I thought Id share. I guess it gets about 25 mpg not that great.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the counsel is in the way of the Shifter. It wasnt confertable(sp) at all.

Last edited by importkiller; Jun 15, 2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 1.8T has a lot of potential but they suck stock...especially pushing the heavy audis. A turbo upgrade or even a chip would completely change the car. IMO, she should have gotten the NEW B7 A4 with 2.0T.. I love the way the current ones look, but the newest models are out and will make the B6 models look outdated.