Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Buying a rebuilt title car, bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a rebuilt title car, bad idea?

I have a friend who has a 2004 Cavalier with 27k, he has made double payments on it for over a year now and only owes about $5,000 now. We were in manchester, nh last night and saw a 2000 Audi TT Coupe in black, 5 speed Quattro, it was raining out but it looked pretty nice, it has 59k on it and they want $11,900 for it. NOW in excellent condition KBB retail says its worth $16k+ now what's the catch? Well I called them up and asked them what the deal was, this dealership had all kitted out civics and some other cars, nothing stock I don't think, it looked a little sketchy BUT I called today and asked them what was up with it, they said it had a rebuilt title so I then asked what kind of hit it took, he said he didn't think any hit the car was in great shape it had it's vin tags taken off. What do you guys think, what could this intale and should he stay away or take advantage he really doesnt care about the fact that it had the rebuilt title as long as the cars health and well being isnt an issue.