Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

My buddy is contemplating getting either an Evo or STi, opinions please

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My buddy is contemplating getting either an Evo or STi, opinions please

Just like the title says, he is torn between a 06 GSR SSL or a 06 STi. I told him that basically the Evo is a better platform for modification, but the STi has more creature comforts. His plans are to do do some mods to get whichever one he goes with to around 350awhp, although only after the warranty runs out. I am extreamly bias toward the Evo, as many of you may be as well.

p.s. Let me say again, this is not for me, I am going to be buy an Evo sometime before next summer and my mind is set.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Tell him to go drive them, then he can decide. It's each to his own. I honestly like a lot of things about the subies, and even the 06 is starting to look a bit nicer.

As for the 350awhp it's going to cost a good chunk more to get that in the Sti. Warranty wise, that's what.. 3 years away at least? So it's a million years away. Whatever he likes to drive in, they're similar enough.

I just like it since I've been building DSMs forever
Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

driven both...IMO evo i liked better