Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Sold the evo keeping the 370 whp 92 civic

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOIX4me
Yea on a road course for im not gonna argue, but for my total cost of 6,000 for 370 whp vs 33,000 + mods for 290 whp evo that goes through maintenance like a race car , you gotta say thats a good power for the money
True, very true. Glad to see not everyone in this world has gone crazy!
Old Nov 25, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

just bring your honda to the track and eat all those evos in vegas, then you can come to socal and eat all the evos here also.
I volunteer to be eaten up first
Old Nov 25, 2006, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

$6,000 for 370whp is BS. What did someone give you a free engine and free upgrades then you bought the drag turbo kit? $6000 will not buy 370whp. A B18C + engine management + upgrades + turbo kit + install fees will cost more then $6000.

Last edited by GREDDY; Nov 25, 2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

I like keeping it a sleeper , if i take it to the track then its not a sleeper , anymore . i might come out just to have some fun but i work 2-10 what time they open till ?
You asked if the track was open next week in the Vegas thread so you could go out there and see what it can do. Now you don't want to run so people don't know how fast it is? Anyway, you can just tell them you don't want your time to show on the board so know one will see your times. You have until 10:00 to get there and register or else they won't let you in.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GREDDY
$6,000 for 370whp is BS. What did someone give you a free engine and free upgrades then you bought the drag turbo kit? $6000 will not buy 370whp. A B18C + engine management + upgrades + turbo kit + install fees will cost more then $6000.
Dude, you need to price some parts. Maybe he does his own tuning and install. Not everyone has to pay someone else to do their work.

I'll be the first to admit that I hate Hondas and will never own one, but a 370 whp Honda is a badass machine, especially those little 2300-2400 lb hatchbacks. People say a 370 whp Evo will take one? Sorry, it ain't happenin'.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Dude, you need to price some parts. Maybe he does his own tuning and install. Not everyone has to pay someone else to do their work.

I'll be the first to admit that I hate Hondas and will never own one, but a 370 whp Honda is a badass machine, especially those little 2300-2400 lb hatchbacks. People say a 370 whp Evo will take one? Sorry, it ain't happenin'.
You clearly missed it!!!!!!!!!

I use to build and race those little civics since 1990. I've had alot of time under those cars to still smell the oil on my skin to this day. I'm simply saying, to build a 370whp civic hatch would require alot more then $6000. You obviousely would need an engine, engine management, turbo kit and other upgrades like fuel systems and so forth. You don't just slap on a $3000 dollar turbo kit on a stock honda civic engine and produce 370whp.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GREDDY
You clearly missed it!!!!!!!!!

I use to build and race those little civics since 1990. I've had alot of time under those cars to still smell the oil on my skin to this day. I'm simply saying, to build a 370whp civic hatch would require alot more then $6000. You obviousely would need an engine, engine management, turbo kit and other upgrades like fuel systems and so forth. You don't just slap on a $3000 dollar turbo kit on a stock honda civic engine and produce 370whp.
Yeah, you're such an expert. Nobody needs a $3000 turbo kit, and there are PLENTY of Civics roaming the streets with great tunes and turbo kits, and these people have done all the work themselves.

There's no reason to be rolling your eyes. Just because you don't have the experience to build a 370 whp Civic for $6000 doesn't mean someone else didn't. It's called, "being resourceful." Wanna hear a recipe?

1. Junkyard motor
2. Used turbo kit off of eBay
3. Friends (or connections) that work at machine shop for discounts on machine work
4. Car-savvy computer geek friend for the custom tune

Don't forget, injectors and a fuel pump don't cost a ton of money. They aren't cheap, but they aren't astronomically expensive either.

People have been known to build Mustangs, Firebirds, Camaros, etc. for $2000 and run 11s/12s with them. It can surely be done for $6000 with a 2300 lb Civic.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

370whp Civic is pretty nice, but what bothers me is all these people who keep buying the EVO for the wrong f*ckin' reasons, and then seem bitter about the sh*t. Seriously the EVO is expensive car to maintain especially if you plan on racing it or driving it pretty hard. I mean you can say all this BS about how you took it easy, but the truth is, your maintenaince list tells differently. A new transfer case with only 290whp, somebody obviously needs a couple of lessons in driving AWD vehicles. I mean what a f*ckin waste, that you pretty much beat the living sh*t out of your car and then got rid of it, when it could have went to another owner. But oh well, I try to be optimistic about things, and what I see is a lot of EVOs that were bought by clueless owners, will eventually find their ways into the hands of real enthusiast. EVOIX4ME you did your EVO a great service by letting it free from your abusive and incapable hands, and hopefully it will find it's way into a true enthusiast. Stick with fwd hatchbacks, they probably fit you better, leave the true performance cars to the big boys.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Watch out for a red Viper with a chute on the back in Vegas. 1200whp on 91 oct., 1546whp on C16.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its ok to beat the **** out of your car is you like it but dont be suprised when stuff break. if it breaks just fi it thats all. you really dont think boosted hondas will break down. they will break down way most than a lightly moded evo espically thouse hondas running on the stock motors

u know i also have a high powered honda and for a daily driver the wvo is so much better.
and in reality power is very important but its not everything

no fwd is going to take an evo from a dig.
anything over 300whp in a fwd honda is useless on the streets and has nothing but traction problems. nothing but a car for burn outs and it wont even move till 60mph+.
the evo is in generall much nicer than any civic. it sets 5 ppl confertably. 90% of the boosted hondas out there dont have ac.

the biggest down fall for the evo is the weight. a 370whp civic that weightlike 2200 pounds is probably as fast as a 500-600 whp evo

Last edited by riceball777; Nov 26, 2006 at 06:01 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

This thread = destroyed brain cells.

EVOIX4ME come holla at me Dec 1.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Well the evo was a blast , however it was time to let it go. Needed lots of new things like clutch , transfer case , tires , brakes you get my drift. Anyway i thought i would miss it alot , but after putting some hard work and money into thew civic i was able to achieve 370 whp on 100 oct . This car would eat my old evo for lunch from a dig or rollin 60. watch out vegas evo's its a real sleeper
What's gonna happen when your civic needs the same maintenance? Your gonna go ahead and get rid of it like the EVO? Lame.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
370whp Civic is pretty nice, but what bothers me is all these people who keep buying the EVO for the wrong f*ckin' reasons, and then seem bitter about the sh*t. Seriously the EVO is expensive car to maintain especially if you plan on racing it or driving it pretty hard. I mean you can say all this BS about how you took it easy, but the truth is, your maintenaince list tells differently. A new transfer case with only 290whp, somebody obviously needs a couple of lessons in driving AWD vehicles. I mean what a f*ckin waste, that you pretty much beat the living sh*t out of your car and then got rid of it, when it could have went to another owner. But oh well, I try to be optimistic about things, and what I see is a lot of EVOs that were bought by clueless owners, will eventually find their ways into the hands of real enthusiast. EVOIX4ME you did your EVO a great service by letting it free from your abusive and incapable hands, and hopefully it will find it's way into a true enthusiast. Stick with fwd hatchbacks, they probably fit you better, leave the true performance cars to the big boys.
I agree with almost all that you said above, but whether he is "capable" is debatable, and I don't think you're in that position to make that call, and then to add insult to injury, you left-handidly call him a "child" with your last sentence.

Anyway, yeah, you're right, there are A LOT of clueless people that purchase Evos, amongst other vehicles. "It has AWD, so that must mean that I'm invincible and can take 15 mph corners at 50 mph!"
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gonzo
What's gonna happen when your civic needs the same maintenance? Your gonna go ahead and get rid of it like the EVO? Lame.
What's wrong with selling a car after he's thoroughly beaten the sh*t out of it? People do it all the time. That's why there are 1 and 2 year old Evos sitting on "used car" lots. They've thoroughly had the sh*t beaten out of'em, whether it be because the driver is irresponsible, or that said driver is unable to make the payments. I know that if I couldn't afford payments on my STi, before I got rid of it, I would wring the Hell out of it in every way possible.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your Honda can beat an Evo from a dig? You will get an evo again, I am willing to bet!