Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Porsche and Detroit Auto Show Split

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche and Detroit Auto Show Split

Just wanted to let everybody know that Porsche has decided to end its relationship with the Detroit Auto Show (North American International Auto Show). Why? Porsche wants to concentrate more on car shows in areas that actually buy their cars, such as the Los Angeles Auto Show, Chicago Auto Show, and Miami Auto Show. Last year Porsche sold 290 cars in Michigan compared to over 8,800 in California and over 4,000 in Florida (source: Car and Driver). My thoughts, it's about freakin' time! I've been so tired of the outdated North American International Auto Show overshadowing the Los Angeles Auto Show. The LA Auto Show has nearly three times the attendance of the Detroit Auto Show, and people actually buy the cars that they see at the LA Auto Show Hopefully this is a start of a new trend, and I hope Mitsubishi doesn't ignore the LA Auto Show again in favor of the NAIAS, when it is very clear that a large portion of EVO sales are from California, Florida, and Chicago.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Damn Right!!!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Dont blame them A bit.