Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

92 GSR Turbo next step

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2002, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 92 GSR Turbo next step

Hey there ppl,
If this is in the wrong forum can the moderator put it in the right one?.

I have a 92 GSR 4G93T. The info im after is what is the next step in turbo that can bolt on OR with minor modifications. Will i also need to increase the fuel pressure - if so how? (links to web sites)

OR

Should i forget about the turbo side of things and increase the injectors, (add 1 or 2 more) fuel rail, fuel pump, etc...

thanks
NZ-GSR
Old Jun 2, 2002, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Our members are mostly in US, and we don't have GSR here Therefore, I can only give you some general suggestions.

If you're running everything stock now (I assumed), the next thing you can do without a lot of $$$ is to get a manual boost control (ball valve type), upgrade the fuel pump (injectors only if you want to increase output by more than 20%) and get a better-flow down pipe (not sure if EVO parts work here)...and better air intake/filter

These changes should give you a healthy gain in HP...

For more info in GSR, you can check this site, it's an email group of Aussie/NZ GSR/EVO owners, helpful folks.

Good Luck

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsr_evo/
Old Aug 27, 2002, 03:03 PM

Look for Evo 1,II or 3 turbo that perfectcly match the 4G93T housing. Other components must be upgraded, such as metal gasket, more injectors, bigger intercooler, etc.......