Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Forged Performance - Porsche 996 GT3 Project, Stay tuned for more updates....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

It's been a while since we have posted. We have been really slammed at the shop and the car has been running really good. So far making minor adjustments and new Hoosiers has been it. We just had a great weekend at Barber Motorsports Park and thought the Porsche could use another mod. Sharif decided to throw in a OS Giken LSD and see how she does for this weekend's track day at CMP.

Here is a quick picture before we installed it.

Stay tuned for our feedback after this weekend.

Tray
Old Oct 21, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

very nice
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

cool, gt3 ftw
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:41 AM
Former Sponsor

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year from all of us at Forged! We are looking forward to another year of strong growth and exciting products and projects for 2011.

After running the OS Giken diff over a couple double hours on track, I've had a chance to really appreciate just how much better the car is over the stock differential. The OS Giken is the smoothest engaging full locking LSD I have ever used, and it's street manners are superb as well. There is no obnoxious snatching and grabbing during low speed parking lot maneuvers. On track, the diff transforms the car, and really allows me to come on the power sooner, and with more force without spinning the tires excessively. The vagueness and tentativeness of the rear end is completely gone, and replaced with smooth and consistent power delivery.

I had a chance to test the car at VIR and Road Atlanta with the differential in place, where I saw on average, a 3/4 second laptime improvement, even while running fairly worn out R888's vs. the newer rubber I had previously as a baseline. For the money, this is one heck of a bang for the buck. For about $2000 MSRP, this is a tremendous value. Especially when coupled with OSG"s general position that they have engineered these parts to last forever meaning should a problem occur, they stand 100% behind their product without question. We've been using the OSG products in many lines of vehicles, and I think it's one of the best kept secrets in the Porsche world.

Here are a few recent pics from VIR...enjoy!

Sharif
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

wow that thing is sexxxyy
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

looks like a blast to drive!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

More updates coming soon! We have added some more cool stuff to check out such as OMP steering wheel, Racetech seats, Maybe some more aero.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Badass GT3!

Love the diff and suspension upgrades.