Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Somebody stop me...!! Kia Optima SX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I can't comment on the newer optima's, but I went from a 99GSX to a 05 kia optima lx... and its like going from an evo to a grannys car lol.

The cars been pretty damn reliable and I've only had to do very small repairs. Great car, lots of space, and I've driven the **** out of mine, and suprised its still running considering the way I drive it. Kia's definately gotten better throughout the years. I would personally say no, but I havent driven the turbo model to really comment. They do look much nicer than the older optimas.. Make sure you drive the car for awhile to make sure the gas mileage is right on.. I get 22-26 mixed driving and mines the 2.4 NA motor.. I seriously got better mileage in my GSX(stock)..

Maybe trade for a ix? unless you dont want the attention, Id say a SUV or maybe even a van if you want to make things easier for your kids to get into and out of. Also you won't be tempted to mod. I think if you got the turbo optima youd eventually lightly mod it.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:56 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm sorry; I just don't get the whole baby thing. I have two children. When they were small, I drove an A2 GTI that was stiffer and louder than death. I'd strap the kids into their seats in the back (2-door car) and away we went. What's the big deal? I can see if someone prefers a more sedate car to drive, but to change cars because of a baby? WTF for?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
I'm sorry; I just don't get the whole baby thing. I have two children. When they were small, I drove an A2 GTI that was stiffer and louder than death. I'd strap the kids into their seats in the back (2-door car) and away we went. What's the big deal? I can see if someone prefers a more sedate car to drive, but to change cars because of a baby? WTF for?
I used to have a baby seat in my Gsx. It wasn't a problem at all, maybe a lil difficulty but It was the unwanted attention of being hit up by every ricer etc. I mean if I had a family I wouldn't want to be hauling them around in a Gsx... But the OP has a X so totally different. It's the trunk space for the stroller, and still unwanted attention/ the lust to mod. Lists goes on. Iunno. OP should think this over. Maybe buy a beater car? Imo After your kid grows a little they'd definately enjoy the X over the optima lol.