Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Forged Performance: Sharif@Forged's New Toy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forged Performance: Sharif@Forged's New Toy

Yesterday Sharif received his newest project to add to the stable of Forged Performance shop cars: his 2013 Nissan GT-R Black Edition finished in the always stunning Deep Blue Pearl OEM paint. As most of you know, the R35 generation of the Nissan GT-R holds a special place in Sharif's heart. He took delivery of his white 2009 GT-R in the fall of 2008 and we became one of the very first aftermarket performance shops in the states to heavily modify the GT-R for circuit track purposes. As the car continued to progress, rather quickly, it became clear that it would be spending the majority of its life on track. We made the decision to go full steam ahead on the Forged Performance GT-R and compete in the Redline Time Attack Series which resulted in dozens podium finishes and multiple track records. The Forged Performance Time Attack GT-R is now semi-retired, yet still spends plenty of time at our home track, Road Atlanta for HPDE track days. In its current state the car is fully race prepped, with 18" HRE's on Hoosier Slicks, full race cage with NASCAR style bars, 675whp and zero creature comforts such as door glass, AC or radio. While we may bring the car out occasionally for car shows and meets, it is clearly not practical to take out every weekend. For this reason Sharif made the choice to pre-order a 2013 Black Edition GT-R from our friends at Boulder Nissan in Colorado. After a seven month wait his new baby arrived here at the shop yesterday afternoon:

With an additional 65HP over his previous GT-R in stock form this car leaves the dealership floor with 545HP on tap, along with some improvements in the build quality and interior components this will be the perfect street car for Sharif. Of course he already has plans of improving the OEM power levels and handling and braking capabilities. The game plan is extreamly simple yet very effective: potent upgrades to improve this already fantastic platform while retaining the driveability of a brand new car. At least this is what Sharif claims at this point. Who knows what our newest addition to the stable truly has in its future. Stay tuned for future updates as we start the modification process of Sharif's virgin 2013 Nissan GT-R Black Edition!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
droool. C
Old Apr 6, 2012, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Here we go! Volk G12 in Double Machine Black!

Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Updated shot of the new Volk G12's mounted:

Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:53 AM

wow these cars are really starting to grow on me, the whole automatic thing still bothers me but you cant argue with their looks and performance....
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MDA89
wow these cars are really starting to grow on me, the whole automatic thing still bothers me but you cant argue with their looks and performance....
Most people felt the exact same way before they drove one, it is nothing like what I thought it was. The transmission has more in common with a manual than it does an automatic. If you are on a hill and take your foot off the brake you start to roll backwards before the clutch engages. It really is an amazing gearbox and I wouldn't ever trade it for a traditional manual transmission.

This coming from a guy that swore I would always take a C6Z06 over a GT-R because of the traditional gearbox..................until I drove a GT-R then my opinion completely changed. It is one of those things you just have to experience to truly understand.