Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Z06 Hits Deer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If this happened to me I would have gotten out of my car with my 12 ga and shot it again.

lol... either way, did you get to take him home?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take what home? The deer looks like it blew into a million pieces.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think this is a repost, as I know I posted it SOMEWHERE because I was there when it happened. I was in the paddock and watched the z06 pass me before it hit the deer. it was terrible. i have another video i will see if i can find of the car following him to see the deer come out and hit the car. you get full spectrum view of the deer running out and hitting the car.

the driver was fine and no other cars hit the z06 which is surprising bc he stopped immediately. if a car had been behind him it would have been much worse.

car is trashed, was towed off the track but the driver was fine, just a little shooken up as you can imagine. and although i like fresh deer meat, that is not something I would go after. there was just pieces left. props to the track crew bc they cleaned everything up including deer, glass, and body panels plus towing the car off very very quickly. hard to watch yet i keep watching it over and over again.

i have said it, and i will say it again, they need to let some of the rednecks go out before the events and take out as much deer as possible before the racing starts. there are so many deer throughout summit.

just imagine if it had hit one of the drifters coming down the straight. Monster had there (im guessing here) 800whp mustang out there going full bore drifting and fun laps against a fully prepped 5.0. matte black with green monster graphics and Neon Green wheels, absolutely gorgeous. two trailers. one for the car and wheels, and one for tires and full set up to put new tires on. set up was crazy. its like the red bull of the extreme sports world.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh deer!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
...and then the people he just passed did not even bother to stop to see if he was alright.