Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

boosted beast to n/a monster build thread

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosted beast to n/a monster build thread

hi everyone here im new to this forum and figured id share a little about me and what im doing. first and formost im a honda guy at heart but not a dick like most of them, i enjoy and give respect to all makes,models, and enthusiast who share love for cars like i do. you guys are probably asking yourself why im posting here??? well heres the answere, ive always loved evos and wanted one since they first came out but could never afford one. now im at a point where i can get one and i know this is the place to learn everything i need to know about the car that i dont know already. im looking for one but dont want to just jump on the first one i see so im taking my time with it. i will continue to build and race hondas but the evo will become my daily beast now because the hatch is going to be a full race car.

so here is my car the way it sat last year when it was a 800hp e85 burning monster, whitch i daily drove for two years like this

the build consisted of........

golden eagle sleeved gsr block
cp 83mm 9.7:1 compression pistons
manley turbo tuffs
89mm ls crank
arp fasteners
ported gsr head
brian crower stg3 all motor cams
supertech valvetrain
borg warner s372r
fic 2150's
two in tank walbro 255's

this car was awesome but was short lived from an accident at the track and it ended up like this

this happened after a rod let go in the middle of 4th gear at 38psi whitch locked up the motor and made me do a 180 and then smacked the wall

i will continue the thread later i have to work......the car has come a long way ill be back with more
Old May 10, 2013, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Nice. Good luck on your search
Old May 11, 2013, 09:01 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
800hp.... man, I have a hard time putting down power with a measly 270hp in my FWD car
Old May 11, 2013, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look for an evo that is in great shape body wise, I wouldn't worry to much about the engine because you're obviously gonna build the hell out of it. that's a mean hatchy
Old May 11, 2013, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by luis!
Nice. Good luck on your search
thanks bro

Originally Posted by otter
800hp.... man, I have a hard time putting down power with a measly 270hp in my FWD car
boost by gear is a beautifull thing lol but even with that i had traction problems

Originally Posted by bevolucion
Look for an evo that is in great shape body wise, I wouldn't worry to much about the engine because you're obviously gonna build the hell out of it. that's a mean hatchy
thanks for the advice, im trying not to go too crazy on the evo i want to keep it comfortable yet still a little fast.......hopefully im happy with what it will make stock so i dont have to build it
Old May 11, 2013, 01:46 PM

ok im back so not long after the accident i decided that next season i would not be going turbo due to all the headaches and rules that come with going 9's. soon after i made that choice i parted and sold everything turbo related and the car went on a strict diet. my goals are to get the car to wheigh 1600 pnds with me in it and making 300hp whitch should put me right back into the 10's

at this point the old cage and 1/4 panel were off the car already and i had just got it back from the body shop after having the frame straightened

soon after that the wheight reduction continued

before the frame was straightened i picked up this sweet nuformz rear drag suspension from ipg parts whitch came with strange struts and bogart skinnies....this alone saved me 70pnds over the stock trailing arms