Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Original EVO ad

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:17 AM
OX
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Original EVO ad

So in early 2002, still had my 90 AWD talon. It was in the 12's,
but was a constant headache. Decided to get an 02 WRX to
try and have something more reliable.

Hated that car, and when I saw this ad and found out they were
selling for "sticker" (very hard to get in spring of 03), I gladly lost my
shirt on the deal and still no regrets. Don't even think Global Mitsu
is even there anymore...............

Oh and for you youngsters, this is what they used to call
a "newspaper".....................

Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Haha i love this
Old Mar 19, 2018, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
The dealership my '03 came from went out of business in '04 replaced by a new dealership on the other side of town. They went down and were replaced by third dealership, all new buildings with fancy showroom - upscale. I stopped there a couple of times when in town, its about a 100 mile drive from where I live, wanting to see an Evo X and was finally informed that they would never stock that car. Apparently it would be bad for their image.

With the current Mitsubishi famine it would be interesting to see if this third dealerships is still in business. According to the web, Moxie Mitsubishi, 77 miles away lol, is still up and running. I should get in my Evo and drive 77 miles towards the dealership, stop, get out, and take a picture of the farmland.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
What was the sticker price?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 05:09 PM
OX
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jonno99
What was the sticker price?
Funny you ask, found that and a whole bunch of stuff I saved about the car.

Old Mar 20, 2018, 03:17 AM
Evolved Member

I love that and a maint free battery is included too, bargain
Old Mar 20, 2018, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
That's awesome. I love seeing stuff like this!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's pretty sweet. I remember checking them out when they were new and they wouldn't even let me sit in one. So I bought a WRX instead.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo 9 was around 60k, in Australia new, the 8 was an import. There was only a select few stealerships allowed to deal in them. There was one in the middle of a show room and to be able to sit in one you used to have to book an appointment like at a doctor surgery. Most people just bought rexys and didn't bother with the BS surrounding them.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 03:31 PM

The Evo 9 was around 60k, in Australia new, the 8 was an import. There was only a select few stealerships allowed to deal in them. There was one in the middle of a show room and to be able to sit in one you used to have to book an appointment like at a doctor surgery. Most people just bought rexys and didn't bother with the BS surrounding them.
It was strange too, the Subaru people had no problem allowing test drives on the STI, which was even newer at the time. I didn't have the money for the STI so I took the WRX wagon. That was a great car!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 07:30 AM
OX
Evolving Member

Not too much of an issue for me to test drive one, but I suspect with 27 miles, mine was already "test driven"
a bunch of times (and they had 18 of them). Pulling in lot with a virtually new WRX probably helped too.

Originally Posted by six40
That's awesome. I love seeing stuff like this!
The other half of the sticker....

Funny they left it up to the customer to put on the airbag sticker they forgot.
Obviously I'm not real good with directions. Wonder how many others never made it
on their car.

Old Mar 21, 2018, 08:18 AM

I remember going to both Subaru and Mitsubishi dealerships wanting to buy an evo or sti back before the X came out. None of them would let me test drive one unless the paperwork was all done and I was about to sign. I told them there is no way in hell I'm spending that much time to test drive something I won't even potentially like. They told me that the people who want them don't need to test drive them to buy them. That response, which came from both dealers, ruined it for me as I felt disrespected. I stupidly flashed them the 5k I was going to use as a downpayment and walked out the door telling them they lost a sale. So I ended up buying a fully loaded Acura TL instead. Should have said screw it and just bought the evo. Ahhh the stupidity of youth lol.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shame that Mitsubishi cars is not interesting anymore, say hello to Eclipse Crossover SUV
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robdee30
I remember going to both Subaru and Mitsubishi dealerships wanting to buy an evo or sti back before the X came out. None of them would let me test drive one unless the paperwork was all done and I was about to sign. I told them there is no way in hell I'm spending that much time to test drive something I won't even potentially like. They told me that the people who want them don't need to test drive them to buy them. That response, which came from both dealers, ruined it for me as I felt disrespected. I stupidly flashed them the 5k I was going to use as a downpayment and walked out the door telling them they lost a sale. So I ended up buying a fully loaded Acura TL instead. Should have said screw it and just bought the evo. Ahhh the stupidity of youth lol.
lollll I went to Honda to check Civic type r, they got couple in stock and all of them have couple hundreds on odo. Trying to get one somewhere below MSRP and I pissed off the manager
Old Apr 4, 2018, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Liam Lei
lollll I went to Honda to check Civic type r, they got couple in stock and all of them have couple hundreds on odo. Trying to get one somewhere below MSRP and I pissed off the manager
It's just a used civic now, bro.

Quick Reply: Original EVO ad