Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Transitioning from a subaru wrx to an evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
also, you can throw away your vape pen once you get rid of the wrx...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Owned an Evo, sold it. Bought a WRX because I thought it would be "good enough". Sold it 6mos later and bought another Evo.
If you say things like "stage" and "protune", you'll forever be considered a Subaru guy, though.

haha...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
Evos are perfect for Colorado! If you are on Facebook, there are a couple Colorado Evo pages. (CECC and Evo Club of Colorado). You can get more info there,see cars for sale, parts, etc.
Evos in snow are pure bliss! Throw snow tires on it and you can get anywhere!

awesome man thanks for the tips. I will check out the page on Facebook. Definitely excited to immerse myself into the community. Waiting for the right car to buy though.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
I had a '13 STI Limited Edition for a couple years before making the switch to my Evo 9 MR SE. It was a great car but I do not miss it one bit after experiencing the Evo. Literally the only thing the STI/WRX has going for it vs. the Evo is interior quality, and this is just barely better than the Evo. I think the recaro seats in the Evo make up for the slightly lower quality interior. Interior becomes even less of a factor when talking about an Evo 9 with the SE package (all black interior, red stitched recaros).
dude if I could find an SE i would jump on it.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
haha.. good thing I dont vape. I guess I just dont fit in the Subaru community.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 05:23 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankisrock
haha.. good thing I dont vape. I guess I just dont fit in the Subaru community.
Good thing your'e making the switch! lol
Old Aug 28, 2018, 06:43 PM

By the way guys,

I posted in a different thread asking about buying from a dealership. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I usually prefer private party but there aren't many evos in Colorado for sale. Thanks.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post11836834
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
lol
Old Aug 29, 2018, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Not a subi owner but if you’re in the market for an Evo and not sure your choice on color but there is one for sale here locally on Autotrader I think would be a good car to look at. It’s a black Evo 9 low miles and looks clean and well cared for. Has some mods but the seller has had it listed for a while and has dropped the price where I’m shocked someone hasn’t jumped on it yet. This car has been in the dry climate too. Check out the Las Vegas Autotrader market.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX
Not a subi owner but if you’re in the market for an Evo and not sure your choice on color but there is one for sale here locally on Autotrader I think would be a good car to look at. It’s a black Evo 9 low miles and looks clean and well cared for. Has some mods but the seller has had it listed for a while and has dropped the price where I’m shocked someone hasn’t jumped on it yet. This car has been in the dry climate too. Check out the Las Vegas Autotrader market.
can you link it? I haven't seen that one. Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I’m having a hard time finding it now. This one is on offer up and might work for you, https://offerup.co/kxPE1ekzMP
another : https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...669449497.html

Last edited by Wanted EVO IX; Aug 29, 2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
watch for rust
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I drive a 2003 Evo 8. It came off the line in Japan in July of that year. The car has no issues. The weather stripping looks like new. Electrical connectors under the hood still come apart without breaking. Try that with a 15 year old German car. I recently did a boost leak test and found one leak - injector.

I keep thinking, WOW, this is an old car, it should have problems but it doesn't. In a couple of weeks I'll be hauling my wife out of state with the Evo. She is leaving to look after an ailing relative. So, another road trip. I won't even carry my cell phone on this trip. Its a crazy reliable car.

The Yokohama A046D tires the car came with new were amazing. But now certain snow tires, at least for street driving, handle about as well. So, I left them on this summer and they still have plenty of rubber left. So, I figure to get another winter and summer out of them and then a new set. Performance snow tires that work fine in summer. Why not?

I also own a WRX which I drive some but really its my wife's car. She is small and the car fits her better. The two vehicles get around in snow about the same. If I just wanted a daily to get to work in I'd buy an old WRX with the two liter engine. They're decently reliable if you keep after them. One time when noticing the coolant was disappearing I chased leaks until I found them all, water pump, hoses, radiator - six in all. Still, keep after the leaks and its a good car.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
BTW, my Evo has aftermarket cruise. I gotta have it for the interstate.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 02:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
BTW, my Evo has aftermarket cruise. I gotta have it for the interstate.
this is a thing? link?