Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Cheap Aftermarket Headlights (Corolla)

Old Oct 3, 2018, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Cheap Aftermarket Headlights (Corolla)

Looking to replace/update the headlights on my 2007 Corolla, and there are a bunch of these halo-style projector headlights. Unfortuantely the only ones that have projectors are the ones that have the LED halos - I don't have to wire those, but I'm confused looking at the back of these - how exactly are you supposed to replace the low beam & high beam bulbs when they go out? The back is covered, seemingly sealed. I'm sure I can get it off once they arrive and I take a look, but it's bizarre.

The sellers of these products seem not to know anything, they're just retailers for this product. Anyone have any experience with this style headlights for whichever beater they are driving when their evos are broken and tucked in the garage?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
They put removable rubber caps on the back of the bulbs. It looks like one piece but once you pinch and squeeze them off its plain to see. The wires go through a pass through hole in the caps.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
ahh got it - thanks, that's what i needed to know!!

Search this Thread