Notices
Marketplace Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Iso Used or new motor.

Wanted

Engine - Complete

May 27, 2020, 04:20 PM | Replies: 3 | Views: 689

• Price
    $0 - $6,500
  • Location Basalt, CO, 81621, USA
  • Condition New or Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 2008 - 2015
Description:

Hello all! To make a long and sad story short, my engine threw a rod. The happy ending of this story is that it will be covered by a warranty I got when purchasing the car (Thank god). So now the works been approved by said company, My mechanic and I need to source a motor to put in the car. Now finding a motor isn't that hard, and there's many with lower mileage than the motor that was in my car (117k), but the warranty company will not allow a motor to be put in the car unless it has (at least) a 1 year warranty. Thats the part we're having a bit of trouble with. So here's what I need: A tested, running motor with less than 117K miles, and a 1 year warranty at the minimum. If you can, or know of anyone that can offer this at a reasonable price (I'm sure the company wont approve a 10k$+ racing motor when a brand new 0 mile engine looks to be +/-$6k.) please inbox me, or reply on this thread. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings!

Old May 27, 2020, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Good luck finding somebody to sell you something that cheap and throw a 1 year warranty on top.

Ive got a ix block for sale if you need. Im local too.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by colo_evo
Good luck finding somebody to sell you something that cheap and throw a 1 year warranty on top.

Ive got a ix block for sale if you need. Im local too.
Yeah, that warranty seems to be the issue... Although I'm not really complaining because if we cant source a used one, the company is going to buy a brand new, 0 mile motor (Mitsu direct sells it for $5,600, and STM has it listed for $6,540). And thanks for the offer on the IX motor, but I drive an X.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No longer in need of a motor!