Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Where is my item longdingydong!?!?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where is my item longdingydong!?!?

I inquired longdingydong about a Sparktech COP system he had for sale. We made a deal at $350 and the payment was sent.

Since then it has been a horrible experience...

Sunday 1-15-12:
- Purchased item from Longdingydong.
- He responded the payment was received and he would send tracking number assap.

Wednesday 1-18-12:
- I messaged him asking for an update on the shipping.

Saturday 1-21-12:
- I messaged him again asking for an update.
- He responded that his wife mailed it off usps Wednesday (1-18-12) and that the woman at the post office said it would be 3 to 4 days.

Thursday 1-26-12:
- I messaged him again saying I have yet to receive the package which was shipped over a week ago, alledgedly. I said he needs to find out what is going on and update me.

Monday 1-30-12:
- I messaged him again saying I have yet to receive the package, tracking number, or even a response from him. I said if nothing is heard within 24 hours I will need to go to the moderators.

He has logged on several times and seen these messages and yet to respond or log on since my last message.

I hate to have to do this and have put it off for as long as can be, but it has been over 2 weeks now that I should have received the item, or even a response. It has led me to the conclusion that he has scammed me.

I will be filing a dispute with paypal. Moderators please help me with this situation by messaging "longdingydong" and tracking his activity on here. Others, beware of longdingydong. Thank you.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Longdingydong, you have logged on at least 3 times since I made this thread. You have ignored moderators and paypal by not reaponding to them.

You officially have lost the benefit of the doubt.

You are a scammer longdingydong. Where is my money?!

Last edited by evo unknown; Feb 3, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I hope you get this resolved but with a sign on name like that Probably was a kid or shady character.

I had this problem once on a vortex generator I bought. I went thru EVERY thread the guy ever made and noticed who he kept in contact with, facebook and much more. I worked collections and skipped traced sub prime car loans so I knew how to look.

I got my money back you just have to be consistent
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn that sucks, hope you get your money back.
I would personally never send money to someone called longdingydong but I have been scammed before so that makes me extra cautious.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 02:03 AM
Evolved Member

I had a similar experience. I had a response before I purchased then everything after that was ignored.

Eventually I got the item and I sent him a message saying I won't leave him negative feedback since I received the item but that he should check his PM's more often and he never responded to that either

Give it a few more days or just put in a paypal dispute.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

PayPal dispute and quickly escalate it to claim, reason being a dispute could easily be resolved by him sending you a short nonsense email. As soon as he shows proof that he tried to contact you, PayPal will close the case.

Speaking from experience, got scammed by radar detectors.net
Old Feb 4, 2012, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you for your advice fellas. I just escalated it to a claim. Is there a way I can submit the PMs on here as files to paypal so they have documentation that I repeatedly tried to contact him and he has ignored me as well on the online forum moderators?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, he has logged on numerous times throughout the day. I even messaged him while he was on and still no response.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo unknown
Thank you for your advice fellas. I just escalated it to a claim. Is there a way I can submit the PMs on here as files to paypal so they have documentation that I repeatedly tried to contact him and he has ignored me as well on the online forum moderators?
I would not close the claim/dispute until you receive the product. Be careful about this because if you do it can't be reversed.

I honestly think the dude just has no clue that he has unread messages. He sent me my catch can the day after I paid him. He probably has no clue this thread even exists.

Not that that makes anything better but sometimes I sign on a half dozen times then notice I have an unread message. It rarely happens to me but I know a lot of regular users just don't look at that part of the screen.

That or he's a fraud artist
Old Feb 4, 2012, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by olmoscd
I would not close the claim/dispute until you receive the product. Be careful about this because if you do it can't be reversed.

I honestly think the dude just has no clue that he has unread messages. He sent me my catch can the day after I paid him. He probably has no clue this thread even exists.

Not that that makes anything better but sometimes I sign on a half dozen times then notice I have an unread message. It rarely happens to me but I know a lot of regular users just don't look at that part of the screen.

That or he's a fraud artist
Oh you bought the catch can? I just bumped that thread with a warning to potential buyers lol.

I have given him the benefit of the doubt, but all my responses were answered before the item was sold. He told me he would get me a tracking number and never did. He has A LOT of messages from myself and moderators by now to the point it should be uncomfortable to log on. I also forwarded him the link to this thread in a PM so when he reads it he will see.

The paypal claim is open. He has until 2-14-12 to respond.

Is there a way I can submit the messages between me and longdingydong to paypal supervisors for them to review as evidence?

Going on 3 weeks now with no package or tracking number still.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo unknown

Yes, go into you PM inbox, select the messages you want to save. Down the bottom right you'll see a drop down box. Choose save as (filetype) and save the selected messages in chosen format to your pc, then email to whomever requires them.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

had a chance to communicate with that member, about buying cams from him

exactly like described above, numerous log-ins during a day but no response on pms
finally he told me that sold the cams to another

wish you good luck mate
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvocentriK
Yes, go into you PM inbox, select the messages you want to save. Down the bottom right you'll see a drop down box. Choose save as (filetype) and save the selected messages in chosen format to your pc, then email to whomever requires them.
Thank you! Paypal has not requested anything yet from me except a description of what happened. He has until Feb 14 to respond..if he does not Paypal restores the funds.

Originally Posted by stunt2
had a chance to communicate with that member, about buying cams from him

exactly like described above, numerous log-ins during a day but no response on pms
finally he told me that sold the cams to another

wish you good luck mate
You were lucky.

If anyone has any action with him, please let me know.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Paypal has issued me a full refund.

I was fortunate to get my money back.

ATTN: AVOID LONGDINGYDONG. HE HAS ATTEMPTED A SCAM.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good to see you got your money back! Sucks that people have to do stuff like this.

Quick Reply: Where is my item longdingydong!?!?