Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam - SABSquid

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2013, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Scam - SABSquid

I ordered a Nardi 330mm Deep Corn Leather steering wheel from "SABSquid" days ago. In the selling post he addressed in which the Nardi steering wheel he was selling was indeed authentic. After negotiating and finalizing the deal I paid the total amount of $240 (shipping included within this price). Once received in the mail it has appeared to me that the steering wheel was different from the one advertised within the thread (photos of wheel have been since deleted). Link as follows:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ii-asm-fe.html.

As it turns out the steering wheel I received is definitely a counterfeit. I have found an identical wheel as the one sent to me on a website selling for $40. Link as follows:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/340mm-...5-1|4081703175

I asked for an explanation this morning (September 14) from "SABSquid" and he kept repeatedly stating that the steering wheel I received is authentic.

I have posted this as it is indeed a scam and I have wasted money and time dealing with this particular seller. I have already filed a report with PayPal due to this matter. I am currently waiting to get the counterfeit documentation (for PayPal) on Monday and in return hopefully get my money back.

I hope everyone is aware of this particular matter (scam) for concerns in relation to each individual, as well as participating with the moderator to resolve this issue.

Photos of the steering wheel I have received are attached to the post.
Attached Thumbnails Scam - SABSquid-img_1215.jpg   Scam - SABSquid-img_1216.jpg   Scam - SABSquid-img_1217.jpg   Scam - SABSquid-img_1218.jpg   Scam - SABSquid-img_1219.jpg  

Last edited by EVO.C; Sep 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 07:46 PM

This was the reply I got from the Seller and he attempts to keep playing this game with me.
Attached Thumbnails Scam - SABSquid-screen-shot-2013-09-14-10.42.48-pm.jpg  
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:56 PM

I am still trying to contact this member to resolve this dispute. I am not intentionally scamming this individual. If this wheel that I purchased for $280 USD from a reputable eBay vendor is fake and I resold it to this individual not knowing that it is "fake" or not, it is an honest mistake.

Currently working to possible refund or come to agreement.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We could get all technical about the known differences between the fakes and real Nardis (such as the neat and straight joins to the cover and the tapering cuts in the spokes), but it can often be decided much more easily: does it say "made in Italy" on the back side? Most of the fakes actually say "made in China" or have no origin at all etched on the back. All real Nardis say "made in Italy" and come in a Nardi box.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
We could get all technical about the known differences between the fakes and real Nardis (such as the neat and straight joins to the cover and the tapering cuts in the spokes), but it can often be decided much more easily: does it say "made in Italy" on the back side? Most of the fakes actually say "made in China" or have no origin at all etched on the back. All real Nardis say "made in Italy" and come in a Nardi box.
Thank you for the clarifying points. I honestly don't remember if it said made in Italy on the back. But I sent my shipping address to the buyer so I believe he's just sending it back and I will just provide him a full refund when the wheel arrives in it's original condition.