Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

XEDE Help in MD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XEDE Help in MD

Whats up fellas?
I have had my xede since summer with the stage 0 map loaded into it and its been great, no problems or anything.

Well I finally got a descent laptop for christmas and wanna start using the map switching feature and be able to adjust boost levels down a bit for the winter time.

My problem is Im not too familiar with the XMAP software and really dont wanna play around to much and mess something up. I have browsed around the prog, and did initially load the original map with a buddies laptop, but still not very confident to adjust boost or load a race gas map.

If theres anyone in the Southern MD area or NOVA that is familiar with the program and is willing to help me out a bit and give me a lesson I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jason
Old Dec 28, 2004, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The software seems awkward at first but it is actually easy to use. Changing the boost table is the best thing to change for, learning purposes, since you can see the boost gauge rise and fall per change.

First thing, Make a copy of the map off the website. Then open it up. Making changes on it is like using a spread sheet. You can highlight all the cells and change numbers all at one time or one at a time. Once you are happy with the changes save it as a different name. Then go plug your laptop into the XEDE and open the map. The program should tell you that it is different then what is on your screen. Then upload it. Once it is done it will ask you to burn it into the EEprom, hit yes. It will ask for a name for the file, enter one or keep it as the sameone, then it will say store OK and you are done.

To use the 2nd map bank, put the two wires together and do the same thing as above. If you have anymore question send me a PM and I can walk you through it.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the advice.

Ill try out some boost changes in the morning.The main issues Im having now is trying to up load the second map with the wires connected.

It seems like when I try and load a different map with the wires connected, into the second bank , that it overwrites the first map that I loaded with the wires disconnected.

Im not sure though, when I check the map title in the xede info, it has the same map name in either configuration. I guess Im just gonna have to play around with it a little bit. I wish there was a good users manual to read through.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the map name will be the same for both map banks. I have no idea why they did that. The only way to firmly know what map is in the bank (assuming you already didn't know) is to download it and look at the maps from each bank (i.e. wires together, wires apart).
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks JJ.