Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

STI Spotted Near Towson

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2003, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STI Spotted Near Towson

well, I had some laser eye surgery yesterday up in towson, and had to go back today for a follow up. My father was driving me in my evo. on my way there, on the eastern side of 695, near towson, around 10:30, i see what i thought was a wrx w/ big wing, but as we get closer i see the sti badge, and i'm thinking "rice", then we pass it and i see the scoop... i freaked out my dad as i yelled at him to slow down to let the sti pull alongside... its looks nice, except for that scoop.. honestly it looks like an A/C duct for a building. but the rest of the car looked great. it had yellow and blue plates (NJ?), and no front plate so i couldnt tell for sure.. it was some mid-30's guy driving, i assuem a journmalist of some kind.. gave him a thumbs up, he returned it, then he jumped from like 60 to 80 to exit. i tried to have my dad match him, but he drives like my grandma, so he didnt.. it seems to have good power, it surged to 80 at least as fast as the evo could. keep your eyes open if you go up to baltimore, theres a usdm sti roving around... If i can find it once my eyes heal, i'll see how well the evo holds up to it..
Old Apr 12, 2003, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

cool sighting! 2 months out huh... I'll be ready!

-Shahul
Old Apr 12, 2003, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

WOOT WOOT! Maryland REPRESENTING! I miss Towson... and Fallston and most of... BEL AIR!
Old Apr 15, 2003, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Re: STI Spotted Near Towson

Originally posted by Thwack
[B]i see what i thought was a wrx w/ big wing, but as we get closer i see the sti badge, and i'm thinking "rice", then we pass it and i see the scoop

it had yellow and blue plates (NJ?), and no front plate so i couldnt tell for sure.. it was some mid-30's guy driving, i assuem a journmalist of some kind.. [B]

I've seen that car twice in the past week! I hinted about it in a thread here last week. I saw him travelling on 270 northbound near Shady Grove last thursday at appx 4pm. I also saw him last monday at appx 8am travelling southbound on 495 between 270 spur and the American Legion Bridge.

I'm pretty sure the car is the Autoweek tester car. That mag hails from Owings Mills MD....so it would make sense.

Those are NJ manufacturer plates. Subaru's corporate offices are in Central NJ.....

SC~ who saw it too!
Old Apr 15, 2003, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

someone track him down and see how the sti matches up...im sure he'll stop if you wave him down
Old Apr 15, 2003, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

man, i may have to rove a bit on 270...

-Shahul

Old Apr 27, 2003, 08:34 PM

He didn't try to race it because his dad's 86 Buick Riveria couldn't keep up. All Thwack was doing is rubbing one out watching the STI pass by.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Blackstar
He didn't try to race it because his dad's 86 Buick Riveria couldn't keep up. All Thwack was doing is rubbing one out watching the STI pass by.
umm sure.... if you´re trying to be an ***, cool, go nuts... but try reading the post you're attempting to flame.

go pick pissing matches somewhere else, nobody here wants to hear from you...

if someone does want to continue reading blackstar's posts, please say so here..
Old Apr 27, 2003, 10:34 PM

Hey Thwack,

How do you make children cry? Is it when you kidnap them and touch them in places they don't like to be touched? You sick bastard!
Old Apr 27, 2003, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

see?
that was funny, and you actually read something.... I knew you could do it.

now try working on the tastefulness, pedophilia can't be funny forever, so dont let it become your crutch.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by Thwack
see?

now try working on the tastefulness, pedophilia can't be funny forever, so dont let it become your crutch.
Okkkkay there Thwack, didn't really know what your were trying to say there, it's obvious that meathead of yours was trying to convey some sort of comeback but I guess it didn't work.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

blackstar you are an idiot....back on topic, i think i saw an STi in Colorado last week ragin around the hills around Golden, it was driving towards me so i didnt get a huge look but it had that gigantic scoop on the hood. Cant wait to see more EVOs and STis on the road.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 12:28 AM

I'm an idiot, but your OZ lancer blows, does 0-60 in about 10 secs flat! I think a Barwood Taxi woulds out accelerate you.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Blackstar
I'm an idiot, but your OZ lancer blows, does 0-60 in about 10 secs flat! I think a Barwood Taxi woulds out accelerate you.
Blackstar. If you enjoy spending time posting on this board, you will stop with the personal attacks. You are not funny. If you do not stop, your membership to this site will be revoked.

SC~
Old Apr 28, 2003, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

installing my EVC on THURSDAY... HKS V

-Shahul

Quick Reply: STI Spotted Near Towson