Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

car got keyed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evogottago
That sucks man.. got mine keyed first day i had it ... go to the mitsu dealer and they might be able to respray it for you..
are you serious, i really hope you kidding because that has to be the most stupid **** i have ever heard in a long time.

a really good detailer can wet sand a buff the scratch out if its not too deep. that would be his first step into fixing this, not go to mitsu to repaint it. what if the detailer gets the scratch out, think about how much money he would have just saved. not only for the work being done but the resale value as well.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if ur finger nail can catch the scratch, it wont buff out. it will burn the paint.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats why when you wetsand you touch up the scratch as best as possible then buff. The scratch will be alot less noticable if you did it right, and if you dont know what your doing with a buffer you have no bussiness touching one.
Trust me i have wet sanded and buffed scratches down to the bare metal and made it almost imposible to see. it takes time and in the end it will look 100% better