Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Test Drive a IX or X please

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test Drive a IX or X please

Hello everyone. A little about me. I am an Aviation Instructor at Fort Eustis, a green suitor. I currently drive a 2012 WRX, bought it brand new. It is payed off. I am looking to buy an EVO. Now, the issue is this, it's been a few years since I test drove a IX and recently I test drove a X. Is there anyone near the area that can let me drive their IX or X (mostly stock, preferred) or take me for a drive. I am undecided on which one to buy. The wife wants me to buy a 2015 EVO X but it doesn't have the Recaros. Money is not an issue when it comes to purchasing. Please help a soldier out.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
im sure there has to be someone in the area.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
(you can later swap Recaros into that 2015, jus' sayin'... )

You have driven the X, so you really only need a mostly-stock IX to drive... The VA Beach has a pretty active EVO scene and is not far from Fort Useless

My $.02 (slightly out of the fray with an RA)? It is a matter of taste - the IX looks dated. Finding one that is for sale with low mileage and has not been abused would be hard. Like finding a unicorn. Everyone has heard of one - just can seem to find one... The EVO X is modern (but getting dated as well now). The '15 would have warranty as well. Either car is fantastic - you won't be disappointed! (and thank you for your Service!)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 06:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bah if it was a couple weeks ago I would gladly let u test drive my then stock evo 9, 60k miles. But now it has most bolt ons and e85...

Evo 9 does look dated stock form but I've seen others that have minor work done like wheels/lowering that looks way better than most cars on the road. Also you don't see many on the road daily . Can't go wrong with a X, but I do like those newer WRX.