Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

MD Emissions test coming up

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MD Emissions test coming up

So, I got this upcoming Maryland state emissions test for my Evo 8.
She has hi flow cat to a Buschur full back.
Should I worry?
Old May 16, 2019, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You can set it to force pass in your rom, if you think you'll have an issue.
Old May 17, 2019, 01:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
After modding the car for the first time I took it to the regular emissions site. I was worried since my car was the loudest in the line. The guy checking my car visually actually wants an Evo so he might have been distracted/bias but he nonetheless passed me.

Then I switched to SD and got the EGR removed. I was again worried that maybe this time I won't pass the test but reading the paper they send to you, I saw that our cars are allowed to use those self service sites. So I used it recently and passed in seconds. I think as long as you don't have any CEL lights on, then you're golden. The best thing is there's no one actually doing visual inspection.

Funny story, I got pulled over by a cop because "of possible exhaust and emissions infractions" and asked for my latest emissions test. He thought he was going to get me easily, I just smiled, gave him my copy, he looked puzzled then said he's going to check their systems. Took 30 mins and he came back saying everything looks good. He then says my exhaust shouldn't have pass the test and I'm like, do you want to come with me to take the test again? Lol.
Old May 18, 2019, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

thanks guys!

Will check out those self service sites.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Took her to the Self VEIP machine and it did not process the car and told to goto to full service VEIP.

Took it to full service, the first time they rejected her. Had no CEL but the OBDII connection rejected her.
But, told me to bring the car back a week later.

And, this morning, she passed!
Apparently, the ECU self cleared after a week or their OBDII connection adjusted to the ECU?
She's good until 2021.... Yeah!

Funny thing, afterwards, for the first time in awhile I got a CEL, I think from the test!