Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Chicago Body Shops

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago Body Shops

Hey guys,

I will be getting a body kit very soon. Got all the details worked out just need to wait for my check coming in next week.

I want to have the kit shipped directly to a body shop. Does anybody have a shop they can recommend to me? My parents are in Naperville and I am in the Northern Suburbs so basically anywhere is good.

I want the body kit installed (FB, RB, SS), sanded if necessary and then the whole car painted. I have some major chipping going on and I want to get rid of one or two dingers as well.

Also, any idea how much I am going to pay for a decent job. I am keeping the color the same as OEM (satellite silver)

Thanks guys in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

2000$ for a DECENT full paint job
Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

it just depend on if your getting the hole car painted or just the kit.
i got quoted $600 for the body kit along with some interior piece, but he was cutting me a pretty good deal.

$1200-2000 for the hole car sounds about right.

also depends if you are goin to repaint the edges of the inside of the doors.
most places want about another $100 per door b/c they have to tape everything off.

you can always get the low end cheepy jobs as well. i got my old truck repainted for like $500. but i wouldnt sagest it. it was chipping off and fading from the sun after 6 moths..
Old Feb 26, 2007, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

if your gonna get it repainted, get a kewl new color
Old Feb 26, 2007, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Look around, and make friends. Look for a small body shop, but search and search their work. MAKE SURE YOU LIKE THEIR JOB!

To paint my whole car, was $800. And we are talking from this:

To This:

Of course, it took over a month for them to finish it, but the previous owner just sprayed primer on the car. Didnt even sand it down.

It took me a while to find body shops, but even Maaco told me $2k for that car. Not sure if it helps you, but just search, and search. Tell them EXACTLY what you want.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sadude
Hey guys,

I will be getting a body kit very soon. Got all the details worked out just need to wait for my check coming in next week.

I want to have the kit shipped directly to a body shop. Does anybody have a shop they can recommend to me? My parents are in Naperville and I am in the Northern Suburbs so basically anywhere is good.

I want the body kit installed (FB, RB, SS), sanded if necessary and then the whole car painted. I have some major chipping going on and I want to get rid of one or two dingers as well.

Also, any idea how much I am going to pay for a decent job. I am keeping the color the same as OEM (satellite silver)

Thanks guys in advance.

Use the Body Shop of Barrington. I am SUPER OCD with my cars and they are the ONLY shop that will ever lay hands on any of my vehicles if they need paint.

Here is a before pic of my old S2000. I was driving down the road minding my own buisness when a delivery truck decided to merge into my rear quarter panel.

After the Body Shop of Barrington had it for a week. I added a lip and a CF hood, and shaved the front emblem.

They actually had to REMOVE the rear quarter panel on the drivers side and re weld it back. You would've never known unless i told you.
I
f you want the best, this is it. They are authorized by Ferrari to repair their vehicles. I saw several when I took my S2000 to em. If they are good enough to work on Ferraris, they can surely paint any of my cars. Good luck and tell em Bill sent ya.

Last edited by revvin9k; Feb 27, 2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Ok guys, just wanted to keep you guys updated, I found a body shop.

http://e-autowerks.com/

How much are they charging me....well it aint cheap. They are quoting me $2500 to fully install the kit and paint the whole car. Perfect professional fit and lifetime warranty on all the work and paint.

They are also going to take care of my little dings and stuff as well....what do you think?