Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

custom turbo manifold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 04:21 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
custom turbo manifold

who does custom manifolds in the area (im in wisconsin just north of the capitol of madison)? looking to get a dsm style turbo manifold done up but i dont know who can make one and how much it would be. i would supply the flanges. i need it for my 03 lancer oz rally that i have turboed. i believe that its all the same "spec" of the stock dsm manifold but then welded to the flanges of the 4g94 engine in which i have.

josh
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:33 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

anyone?

jodh
Old Feb 17, 2010, 05:24 PM

I am in the same situation that you are in but I am more towards the Milwaukee area. It sounds like having a shop weld our 4G94 flange to a preexisting turbo-manifold will be pretty costly. I don't know the route that you want to take but I am deciding whether or not going with an Evo VIII stock manifold and having a welder seal off a 4G94 flange to it. Or if you do end up finding a shop nearby it would great to know how much they charge. And if you go with that turbo manifold, are you going to sell your other one?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:55 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerOzClint
I am in the same situation that you are in but I am more towards the Milwaukee area. It sounds like having a shop weld our 4G94 flange to a preexisting turbo-manifold will be pretty costly. I don't know the route that you want to take but I am deciding whether or not going with an Evo VIII stock manifold and having a welder seal off a 4G94 flange to it. Or if you do end up finding a shop nearby it would great to know how much they charge. And if you go with that turbo manifold, are you going to sell your other one?
def not going to sel lthe other one cuz it sux. i just rewelded like all the welds on it last weekend at my parents house in elkhorn. i know of a few people up here in the madison area that can do it i just need to get hem some specs since im using a dsm evo 3 16g. if yur using the evo 8 stock turbo talk to chele here on the forums, he should have some left for a decent price. im looking to go full custom due to what i want and also that i am a cad designer by degree and work at au auto parts store and know exactly what i need and how i need to do it in my next steps of my build.

and in imo dont take a stock g63 mani and weld a g94 flange onto it. the runners are off and it will be more of a hassle later on down the road. get one that is made for our cars and use a pre exisitng turbo such as the stock evo or a dsm. or go full custom for the turbo that you want.

josh
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

JMFab actually makes one. It's a little over a $1000. http://www.jmfabrications.com/site/i...mart&Itemid=58

EDIT: sorry man, misunderstood your question.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:44 PM

Wow, as a matter of fact I live in the Elkhorn area. I am new to this site so I am going to have to look around to find "Chele". I have a friend that is a genius when it comes to building custom turbo kits. Right now I am looking for a 16G turbo from an Evo VIII but there is nothing around as of right now. As for the manifold, you are completely right. I would rather go for reliability and have my welds hold down the road with tight seals than end up re welding the cracks. Depending on how much you come down here, maybe you could help me flash my ecu because I really don't want to go purchase a Standalone Ecu. But I had also read onto your Evo VII ecu fitting in your lancer and was interested in possibly swapping one in mine.

Thanks,
Clint
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:38 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerOzClint
Wow, as a matter of fact I live in the Elkhorn area. I am new to this site so I am going to have to look around to find "Chele". I have a friend that is a genius when it comes to building custom turbo kits. Right now I am looking for a 16G turbo from an Evo VIII but there is nothing around as of right now. As for the manifold, you are completely right. I would rather go for reliability and have my welds hold down the road with tight seals than end up re welding the cracks. Depending on how much you come down here, maybe you could help me flash my ecu because I really don't want to go purchase a Standalone Ecu. But I had also read onto your Evo VII ecu fitting in your lancer and was interested in possibly swapping one in mine.

Thanks,
Clint
you wouldnt happen to have a yellow or silver oz would ya?

as long as you get a wideband you can tune all you want to a point. i ran for a year and a half on the stock ecu "tuned" for the turbo. i just recently "upgraded" to the evo ecu and love it. im usually down every other weekend or so.

trust me stand alones are a pain in the non evo lancers. granted yes it can be done but with the evo ecu its ssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooo much easier.

check the for sale threads for used evo turbos, usually a handful of them floating around.

whose the guy you know that biulds custom kits? grew up there so i know a FEW people lol.

anywho back OT.

josh
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:05 PM

His name is Erik and he knows his fair share of DSMs. And yes I do own a Yellow Oz Rally lol. Not too many lancers around here and it would be awesome to exchange thoughts and opinions in person and not just by the internet. I just pm'd Chele to see if he could get me a manifold so I can start purchasing my kit. I have a spare engine sitting in my basement that I am going build so I can run higher boost. I am going for reliability with a custom turbo kit so I don't want to run high boost that's why it would help to know someone like yourself that knows a great deal about ecus.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 01:41 PM

Thanks for directing me to chele. Going to order a manifold from him and should receive it soon. Let me know when the next time your going to be around your parents house.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:11 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

sat the 27th is the next time i will be down there.

that erik name sounds familliar, whats his last name?

josh
Old Feb 18, 2010, 07:25 PM

Not too sure, just have recently met him. He is good friends with my brother and his friend. He helped him build his GSX from the bottom end up. Hopefully I will have my manifold in by than and I will have most of my parts ordered.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 09:43 PM

talk to vs motorsports they should be able to help you out
Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:06 AM

Here's a quick idea, just as a reference, check these guys out. I don't know how expensive they are anymore but they did my evo manifold.

There near the chicago are but the way that their standards are extremely high and they do such good work they warranty it. I can't believe some of the stuff that comes out of there.

P&L Motorsports, here's a link, http://pandlmotorsports.com/
Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:07 AM

Here's a quick idea, just as a reference, check these guys out. I don't know how expensive they are anymore but they did my evo manifold.

There near the chicago are but the way that their standards are extremely high and they do such good work they warranty it. I can't believe some of the stuff that comes out of there.

P&L Motorsports, here's a link, http://pandlmotorsports.com/
Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:11 PM

forget p&l
a few of my friends had there cars there and long story short they basically scam you with money and tell you in order to do this, you need to fix it blah blah and they never get **** done on time. EVER

Quick Reply: custom turbo manifold