Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Car stolen!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blitz
We're both Polish. If that's the case, let's not sidestep where they are most likely going.
Plenty of Russian and Ukraine theifs around here too....
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by revvin9k
Do not call the police if you guys catch em....

just PM everyone who has had their car stolen.

I'd like to set up a bait car and be my own trunk monkey. Car is gutted front to back, they wouldn't know what hit em.

Lo-jack it? Then if its stolen you can see exactly where the car is, roll up with some popo and you got your car+possibly some others. But also you get rid of those taking everyones evo.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

WTF? I heard about this on another thread, I guess having an alarm on your car is over looked in Chicago. I hope you get your car back.........
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xmaciek82x
Plenty of Russian and Ukraine theifs around here too....
Yeah, true.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

I would caution those of you in these high profile areas from posting details about the theft or "taunting" whoever is doing this. We had a string of thefts were I used to live in high school (I graduated in 1995 so it's been a little while) and the thieves would listen to who was talking crap in school and steal there car next. It didn't matter make or model though. They were just doing it for the thrill and aggravation they were causing.

Josh
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jmelocik@Spec-Ops
I would caution those of you in these high profile areas from posting details about the theft or "taunting" whoever is doing this. We had a string of thefts were I used to live in high school (I graduated in 1995 so it's been a little while) and the thieves would listen to who was talking crap in school and steal there car next. It didn't matter make or model though. They were just doing it for the thrill and aggravation they were causing.

Josh
I'll be the tool to taunt. I have night vision cameras on my house that record to a hard drive, and a couple of other little things to make em think twice. Bring the noise.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
WTF? I heard about this on another thread, I guess having an alarm on your car is over looked in Chicago. I hope you get your car back.........
I know Blunted had an alarm on his and his keyfob never showed the alarm even went off. Usually his keyfob will make noise at the same time as the alarm, and then it'll make different noises when you click it so you know it was tripped.... Neither one happened.

The MR owner lives in a quiet little town outside of Chicago and had the car in a locked garage. I think that was more of a thing where you don't expect it in that kind of area...

Im not sure about Blitz and the guy from Palatine though.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. This is getting crazy lately.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badazztealcobra
I know Blunted had an alarm on his and his keyfob never showed the alarm even went off. Usually his keyfob will make noise at the same time as the alarm, and then it'll make different noises when you click it so you know it was tripped.... Neither one happened.

The MR owner lives in a quiet little town outside of Chicago and had the car in a locked garage. I think that was more of a thing where you don't expect it in that kind of area...

Im not sure about Blitz and the guy from Palatine though.
What kind and type of alarm was it?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by revvin9k
I'll be the tool to taunt. I have night vision cameras on my house that record to a hard drive, and a couple of other little things to make em think twice. Bring the noise.
LOL sounds like something we have done down here!!! It's always hard to deal with a theft issue in an area. Neighborhood watch programs can help some.

Josh
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jmelocik@Spec-Ops
LOL sounds like something we have done down here!!! It's always hard to deal with a theft issue in an area. Neighborhood watch programs can help some.

Josh
By all means, no one is trying to e-thug here, but.....

the looks on some of my friends faces after their car was stolen, is enough to make anyones blood boil. Some how, this has to stop.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Son of a *****! Another? My brother's Evo isn't back from the shop yet. I am going to warn him. This is starting to get terrible.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:52 PM

Im wondering if there havent been a few more taken that the owners just don't know about these forums....

Monkey, Im not sure what type of alarm it was on the car, he should be able to answer that question once he checks out these threads after work.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 01:04 PM

Wow there all so close to my house as well, kinda scary!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 01:53 PM

Wow another one in the area makes me worried about parking my car!