Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee area - Borrow AEM EMS?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milwaukee area - Borrow AEM EMS?

Hello all,

I just read the rules thoroughly and I don't think this is violating any of them, but if it is, feel free to delete.

I have been having problems with my MAP sensor reading incorrectly. If I go out and do a pull, my boost gauge will read ~15 psi but when I come back and download the logs, my AEM thinks I was only running ~12 psi or less. It reads very inconsistently and it makes it impossible to tune. I tried a new MAP sensor with no results. This problem has developed recently so it's not a configuration issue.

I think the problem may be a result of bad wiring. A shop that worked on my car a while ago messed up my injector wiring and one of the injectors was running without a resistor. Eventually the injector driver burned up, grounded out, and my car began dumping fuel into cylinder #1. This caused me to break down and rip apart my wiring to inspect it. I have since fixed the wiring so your EMS will not be at risk of damage.

I will make it worth your while if you can help me out. I would like to put the EMS on my car, load my cal and do one pull to see what the MAP sensor reads. I can reimburse you for your time with a case of your favorite beer or anything else you may need (within reason ). EMS needs to be for an Evo VIII (30-1312 or 30-1313, 1313 preferred)

Thanks in advance,
Rob