EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Midwest Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/midwest-region-39/)
-   -   IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/midwest-region/623861-il-evo-thief-finally-busted-sierra-motorsports-raided.html)

SyZyGy1394 Aug 9, 2012 06:27 PM

IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided

Sierra Motorsports in Saint John, IN was raided by the po-po yesterday. I showed up a little late but got a few pics and videos of parts being carried out by prisoners and stripped evos being towed away. A paddy wagon came up and a few prisoners helped load everything up. I was confused at first when they walked out of the van all dressed in orange!

I guess our evos in Northwest Indiana, Chicago, and the surrounding regions can sleep safer now! I hope people get at least some of their stuff back. I wouldn't know who to talk to about getting anything back, but now would be the time to figure out who to talk to(which authorities) and what documents to bring!

Sorry the pics and videos aren't too clear, I filmed it on the first android phones, aka a potato. Old skewl!:lol:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...808_191205.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...808_190743.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...808_190740.jpg

emotart Aug 9, 2012 06:31 PM

There were a lot of south side of Chicago Evos being stolen lately too...

1d10t Aug 9, 2012 06:39 PM

That's crazy

SyZyGy1394 Aug 9, 2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by emotart (Post 10331945)
There were a lot of south side of Chicago Evos being stolen lately too...

Yea this was one of the reasons why I haven't taken my evo to chicago or any other car show bullsh*t since I've moved up here.

I can only hope that the thefts around in this area have halted.:crap:

Hennessy2remedy Aug 9, 2012 06:40 PM

glad I never bought anything from them when I lived in Indiana, give them an address and everything.

gsrboi80 Aug 9, 2012 06:41 PM

Theives scum of the earth. I hope people can recoup all possible. What a lowlife

SyZyGy1394 Aug 9, 2012 06:42 PM

I also wish I didn't turn off my camera as early as I did when they were towing that black gsx. I sh*t you not, 5 seconds after I turned it off, the wheels locked up and started screeching.:rolleyes:

tsidrift1 Aug 9, 2012 06:47 PM

So glad this douchebag finally got what was coming to him. I always had a suspicion he was involved in all that ****. IM surprised it went on so long. I mean, so many evos taken up north, and yet he continues to receive evo after evo and parts them out over and over.

Chef-j Aug 9, 2012 06:48 PM

Holy ***

tsidrift1 Aug 9, 2012 06:51 PM

Awkward how he just changed the name of the place too. It was a new beginning!! hahahaha

SyZyGy1394 Aug 9, 2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hennessy2remedy (Post 10331956)
glad I never bought anything from them when I lived in Indiana, give them an address and everything.

He was really odd when I met him at a small local hangout. He introduced himself and said I have a nice evo. I told him, "oh yea I've heard of you on evom!". He kinda mumbled something and then walked off without saying bye or whatever. Talk about shady.

His shop was kinda a running joke around here because so many of the cars that were associated with that shop blew up. We would always tell idiots to get there cars done there as a joke.:lol:

I remember seeing the owner of the black gsx with a red talon one day and he wanted me to tune his car. I instantly noticed that his hallman boost controller was installed backwards within seconds of looking at the engine bay.:lol: There was so much more crap too, like driving around and saying it was cutting out. It was cutting out cause his wastegate wasn't opening and getting boost to the moon! So his solution was to put some injectors on the car that were more than twice the size without a tune. He even told me it doesn't cut out as soon now, but gets horrible gas mileage. Man what a fckin idiot! Oh yea, and both of those cars blew up. Who would've knew?:lol::lol::lol:

tsidrift1 Aug 9, 2012 06:57 PM

I feel sorry for the people who had their car in the shop during the raid. :(

Ian0611 Aug 9, 2012 06:58 PM

WOW!!! I stinkin knew it!! I always thought there was something suspicious about this dude. I've never met him before but there was just something about his posts and the way he ran his business that made me question this guy.

SyZyGy1394 Aug 9, 2012 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by tsidrift1 (Post 10331964)
So glad this douchebag finally got what was coming to him. I always had a suspicion he was involved in all that ****. IM surprised it went on so long. I mean, so many evos taken up north, and yet he continues to receive evo after evo and parts them out over and over.

Yea what threw up a red flag to me was when he made a for sale thread for a transmission or transfer case (couldn't remember which one) and when someone asked for a vin of the car that it came out of, he didn't respond. Who would've guessed!:rolleyes:

beetle_orange Aug 9, 2012 07:02 PM

Aren't they a vendor on here

AngryEvo8 Aug 9, 2012 07:02 PM

Finally got what his scumag self deserved. I think everyone in chicago thats involved in the community knew what he was up to. I mean no one has storage units filled with stock parts.

Piro Fyre Aug 9, 2012 07:03 PM

If the prisoners are in good standing, they usually do this. My cousin was in prison for 19 years and he told me you get some freedom if you've been good for the past 2-3 years.

tsidrift1 Aug 9, 2012 07:04 PM

YOUR NUMBER 1 SOURCE FOR OEM/AFTERMARKET/STOLEN/EVOLUTION 8&9 PARTS

Was that his Sig???

Im sorry, im just so pumped this kid got busted. :D

SyZyGy1394 Aug 9, 2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by tsidrift1 (Post 10331978)
I feel sorry for the people who had their car in the shop during the raid. :(

Yup, one of Jeremy's friends that let him work on his car in the shop got impounded. He wasn't involved at all with that shady business. I felt bad cause we saw his mom run over there with papers and receipts even though the car was already towed out of there. They gotta do their investigation and all.

Ian0611 Aug 9, 2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by beetle_orange (Post 10331994)

I'm pretty sure they are. I know they are on Trueevo.com

emotart Aug 9, 2012 07:07 PM

They are... It makes me wonder if any research or enough research is done on people applying to be vendors on here. It is a little sketchy how many OEM parts this guy had and made me wonder from time to time.

boostleak Aug 9, 2012 07:09 PM

Good stuff, I wonder how long the cops been scoping out the place before they made the bust.

beetle_orange Aug 9, 2012 07:12 PM

Can't seem to search for them now

Piro Fyre Aug 9, 2012 07:13 PM

I don't think they ever had a website. They were a vendor on here and almost bought a subframe from them. Glad I didn't now.

Ian0611 Aug 9, 2012 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by beetle_orange (Post 10332016)
Can't seem to search for them now

Yeah, it looks like they've already been removed from trueEvo.com as well.

CurseDSM Aug 9, 2012 07:19 PM

Kinda makes me wonder what is gonna happen to the people who buy the parts from them being they didn't know they were stolen. Because it is against the law to buy stolen goods. Talked to a cop buddy of mine and he was telling me that they can get in some trouble but who knows. I feel for them if they do get into **** specially if they didn't know parts were stolen.

MDA89 Aug 9, 2012 07:26 PM

Thats crazy i remember when this kid was evokid03 on here had nice stock car then all of a sudden he went all in with like a 30k build tore it apart, parted out, rebuilt, the whole forum was sorta like what do you do for money. i remember to this day he said he was just hustling parts started with a BOV sold it for more than he paid and went from their. LMAO has a whole new meaning now.....

Even with that being said, i still believe their is more to this story. only reason i say this is because if this is true this kid is the DUMBEST criminal in history. who runs a public chop shop? if he was connected to stolen cars and things of that nature i doubt he would be so public with a "business" on a world wide forum. think about it you have a shop full of stolen parts and cars and your posting picks on the internet, selling things on a public forum so everything is traceable. Idk just have a gut feeling their is more to this story that will reveal itself in time..

Pure EvoIX Aug 9, 2012 07:38 PM

hahaha many lulz. Glad he got caught. Sorry for everyone who was affected. Hope he goes to prison for a long time.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...rivetrain.html

Originally Posted by Pure EvoIX (Post 10332072)
haha sucker. Shop got raided.

lol :)

They changed their name to Midwest Performance. Thats why you can't find them as easily on here. Go to Marketplace up top on the tabs. Then Evom Sponsors. Then under Basic Vendor Listings, look for Sierra Motorsports. Look at threads started by that name and everything comes back under Midwest Performance.

VQChris Aug 9, 2012 07:57 PM

This is nuts. To think this whole time a shop has been stealing these cars is crazy.

abazaba410 Aug 9, 2012 07:59 PM

Wow good post. I almost bought those rims off them.

mt057 Aug 9, 2012 07:59 PM

From what I remember the only reason he started selling under Siera motorsports was because he was selling to much on Evom and the mods/management made him start a vendor account to continue selling parts.

Pure EvoIX Aug 9, 2012 08:16 PM

The police/officials need to list ALL the stolen VIN numbers. Then everyone can go check your parts that were bought from this company and see if it matches with the VIN numbers obtained from the raid when and if they release them.

Not sure what you can do if it is indeed stolen. Since like another person said, its crime to receive or buy stolen goods.

TommiM Aug 9, 2012 08:21 PM

Crap!! He bought my stock evo 8 tail lights last week. Paypal payment finally cleared today, and I shipped them out to his business earlier today. I guess no one is gonna be around to get my tail lights he paid.

He is in a different state, should I be concerned over him having any of my info, like the return address? If this place is shady I just dont know to what extent he is capable of. He was being cool about waiting till payment cleared before I shipped out the stuff though.

AngryEvo8 Aug 9, 2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by IGetItPoppin (Post 10332103)
This is nuts. To think this whole time a shop has been stealing these cars is crazy.

I heard from a ex friend of his that he went to pick up the parts from a chopshop that was actually taking the cars. But who's to say he dident pick out what cars go missing etc.

TommiM Aug 9, 2012 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by mt057 (Post 10332109)
From what I remember the only reason he started selling under Siera motorsports was because he was selling to much on Evom and the mods/management made him start a vendor account to continue selling parts.

he recently changed names to MidwestPerformance not very long after becoming Sierra Motorsports seemed like.

AngryEvo8 Aug 9, 2012 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8 (Post 10331996)
Finally got what his scumag self deserved. I think everyone in chicago thats involved in the community knew what he was up to. I mean no one has storage units filled with stock parts.

This is normal right?:rolleyes: Pic off his facebook awhile ago.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...097884_n-1.jpg

MDA89 Aug 9, 2012 08:36 PM

Ohhh damn, I take back what I said tht is sketch as hell when u have a shop.......

VQChris Aug 9, 2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8 (Post 10332159)
I heard from a ex friend of his that he went to pick up the parts from a chopshop that was actually taking the cars. But who's to say he dident pick out what cars go missing etc.

I don't understand how this went unnoticed for so long though. These cars have been getting stolen for a few years iirc around there.

Corinator Aug 9, 2012 08:50 PM

I'm so happy to see Jeremy sierra get taken down. I've been wishing for this ever since I tipped off some of the guys on here about him nearly two years ago.

Kreeker Aug 9, 2012 08:58 PM

Looking at the pics of his "shop", I wonder why anyone would EVER do business with this scumbag.

What was his personal username on this site?

I'm honestly so disgusted right now.

Craig King Aug 9, 2012 09:00 PM

Bummer - I was going to buy a do-luck rep front lip from him too. I had paypal ready. :(

speedytl Aug 9, 2012 09:20 PM

To the guy with Allstate not wanting to pay you well here you go bring this to them. A Evo can't get stolen Lol

jeffbeagley Aug 9, 2012 09:29 PM

That's wild, glad they caught the ****er.

Ian0611 Aug 9, 2012 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Craig King (Post 10332231)
Bummer - I was going to buy a do-luck rep front lip from him too. I had paypal ready. :(

Bummer :confused::confused: Seriously man?!?! You should consider yourself lucky that you weren't the next victim.

sinople1 Aug 9, 2012 09:40 PM

wow im pretty pissed right now around june i traded him my acd transfer case and all my acd components for a non acd lsd transfer case that he installed i hope i really have a non acd lsd transfer case in my car now and i was told its in perfect condition no issues but it has a slight whine at 60mph i guess i learn my lesson!!

and as for his shop i kinda found it suspicious that he had a ton of motors and parts just laying around and he had a beautiful white evo in there when i was there all torn apart he said they were building it i highly doubt that now!!!

Levar Aug 9, 2012 10:20 PM

I almost bought a 73HTA Green from him just before I found the Red. The only thing I asked was for him to post a picture of his screen name with the turbo. No show. I did not know he changed his name and just bought some Depo lights from him as I received a FedEx confirmation.

Mistaken Aug 9, 2012 10:34 PM

Wow that's ****ed. Hope he gets what he deserves.

Evol Knievo Aug 9, 2012 10:39 PM

I wonder if theyre going to try and track down all the parts sold here on EVOM and other fourms. sucks if you bought something from them might have been stolen :crap:

Sanny632 Aug 9, 2012 10:45 PM

Man I had him order some mitsu parts he got them in (brand new in package) in no time this is crazy.

evilempire76 Aug 10, 2012 02:04 AM

I always thought this dude was shady. Glad he got busted.

tsidrift1 Aug 10, 2012 02:19 AM

Before he even had the business started, he came across as a douche. Going back to an earlier comment on his cars. He did have the black evo8, then all of a sudden he would do these crazy builds, and part them out a week after they were done. He would constantly brag about how much money he has for being so young. I remember him saying he works so hard to maintain a good business. So then you almost started to feel for the kid, maybe he is just busting his balls and some things havnt worked out.

I always knew there was something up. I remember calling him out on using different accounts on evom. He even went as far as giving himself feedback from one account to another lol.

TWOpointFOUR Aug 10, 2012 04:31 AM

I guess I never thought about where he was getting all his parts from. My buddy did some part time mechanic work for him and I have hung around the shop while he was there working. He never stripped any cars for Jeremy just did what seemed like legit service work on customers cars. I am glad this didn't go down when my buddy or I was there. If he truly was dealing stolen parts he deserves everything that is coming to him. I do feel bad for Rigo and his GSX though.

charlie.tunah Aug 10, 2012 04:44 AM

WOW. I had a 4 month long ordeal with this guy that went from a hood that never shipped out for 3 months, then finally getting one in my town that was so busted up they didnt even deliver it. Then since I had already sent him money, tried to work out something with a t-case that never happened after a month. Im glad I finally got my money back. It was wierd though...he never credited my card, only way he could refund my money was with a check. That check cleared, but wtf?

Shady from the 1st text msg...

Just hoping my info isnt in some other crook's hands...

tim85851 Aug 10, 2012 05:42 AM

damn good thing i didnt ever buy parts from that guy. get all those people off the streets!

philamthebest Aug 10, 2012 06:06 AM

I have a lot of friends who's cars have been stolen. It's been so bad lately, some of my friends even say they were followed home. I hope that this is the last we see and hear of evo thefts in Chicago. Hoping I can finally take my car to some shows now....

donzilla2004 Aug 10, 2012 06:10 AM

What really seems crappy about the whole situation is that if they trace all the transactions this guy did they should have everyone's info, which could lead to a lot of people returning parts if they really wanted to get ugly with the whole ordeal.

TWOpointFOUR Aug 10, 2012 06:37 AM

Does anyone have any FACTS about this? There is nothing in any of the local papers about it and no one who was involved name has shown up in the public arrest records.

korizmo Aug 10, 2012 06:49 AM

Innocent until proven guilty. Not on this guys side i'm just playing Switzerland here.

AngryEvo8 Aug 10, 2012 07:07 AM

Im sure detailed information will turn up here soon.

ImsoevoX Aug 10, 2012 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by tsidrift1 (Post 10332532)
Before he even had the business started, he came across as a douche. Going back to an earlier comment on his cars. He did have the black evo8, then all of a sudden he would do these crazy builds, and part them out a week after they were done. He would constantly brag about how much money he has for being so young. I remember him saying he works so hard to maintain a good business. So then you almost started to feel for the kid, maybe he is just busting his balls and some things havnt worked out.

I always knew there was something up. I remember calling him out on using different accounts on evom. He even went as far as giving himself feedback from one account to another lol.

Definitely came across as a douceher. :lol: Don't drop the soap homie{thumbup}

Wickedwhite8 Aug 10, 2012 07:30 AM

Itll come out. I imagine its still not in the papers as the police are probaby after a few other people. Innocent till proven guilty is never the case. They are definately guilty or some of the accusations, police dont usually raid unless they have some sort of proof.

DSMpsi Aug 10, 2012 07:47 AM

Glad this guy finally got caught. Hope he rots in the system with the rest of them.

TommiM Aug 10, 2012 07:54 AM

My package will be shipped to his business so I just hope it doesn't get me involved in his mess in any way. Had this come out sooner I wouldn't have done business with him.

CurseDSM Aug 10, 2012 07:56 AM

I just hope all of you who did buy or do business with him don't get busted for not knowing. Buying stolen goods is illeagal even if you don't know there stolen :(

AlwaysinBoost Aug 10, 2012 08:05 AM

LOL at everyone jumping to conclusions before they know the facts. Not saying there wasn't anything shady going on, I'm just saying...

Also, IF there was a chop shop going on I will bet money there are other shops involved in this 'ring'... more than likely those shops are on the east and west coast, so IF this is what it appears to be then its much bigger than just Sierra.

chu Aug 10, 2012 08:07 AM

All I know is, my motor better come in or money get refunded.

Landpuma Aug 10, 2012 08:27 AM

WOW, I was driving home from work and seen them raiding the place and putting people in handcuffs. I live like 5 min down the street. and just last week one of my buddies was like "hey I heard that's a chop shop and i was like nahh no way right on 41 that would be stupid well....... lol. wen there one time and nothing but EVO parts just laying all over the place kinda makes sense now.

bustaone Aug 10, 2012 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by chu (Post 10332914)

Ouch.

SCREAM8 Aug 10, 2012 08:33 AM

I am extremely happy these got busted. Unfortunately, I think there is more involved than just this shop. From what it seems like he was slinging the stolen parts. From people that used to work there or knew people that worked there all claimed legit business went down at that locatoin.

So either he was receiving the stolen stuff and reselling or these people are mistaken and he had another location where they were tearing into these EVOs.

The guy looks like a spineless dirtwad, my guess is he'll squeal like a pig, spilling all of the information once he's locked up. The funny thing is, auto-theft around the Chicago area is definitely not taken lightly, so any information he gives will probably not help him too much.

I do know that if he ever shows his head around any sort of car meet again, he'll get a rather warm welcoming from the community. Lets just hope he's locked up for a loooooong time.

chu Aug 10, 2012 08:34 AM

They had a VISA merchant account and were able to process credit and debit cards. So there are some legality to their business. Its a shame really.

Live4Redline Aug 10, 2012 08:42 AM

This guy has sold crap loads of parts for a short while here on EvoM. I guess that explains where he got his surplus.

If I remember correctly he even stopped using PayPal at some point durring all of it.

Very sad if he's guilty.

Acree Aug 10, 2012 09:28 AM

Can someone point me to a thread of what happened with these guys? What's the story?

-Acree

AngryEvo8 Aug 10, 2012 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost (Post 10332906)

Also, IF there was a chop shop going on I will bet money there are other shops involved in this 'ring'... more than likely those shops are on the east and west coast, so IF this is what it appears to be then its much bigger than just Sierra.

THIS- ...still be alert ppl.

Live4Redline Aug 10, 2012 09:54 AM

Im always in the Parts threads and this guy sold a lot of stuff. I feel bad for the cars for one but also for the guys who have money out right now on parts they will never recieve and money that will never be refunded.

Off the top of my head I can name one other Evo used parts dealer I've suspected for a long while now. Talk to these guys in person one time and you know somethings up. I won't name names in the open though, have never gotten any proof.

FLOW1 Aug 10, 2012 10:22 AM

Damn...finally and I almost bought a WW evo 8 from him ....good thing I didn't.

Jax419 Aug 10, 2012 10:23 AM

Didn't read through this thread but I knew there was something up with them, I even pm'd him questioning him about it a couple of months ago, also made a thread on chitowndsm b/c I kept seeing ads on craigslist for evo part outs and a bunch of those dsm kids vouched for them saying it's his friends cars and that he has a shop blah blah, so I let it go.

dsmbruno Aug 10, 2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by chu (Post 10332914)

If you paid with a credit or debit card, Reg E would help you out. File a dispute with them ASAP!

SCREAM8 Aug 10, 2012 11:07 AM

http://imgur.com/a/3n2Xn

Check out this imgur album for some of the locations for VIN numbers on certain body parts/mechanical parts. I believe there are quite a few others hidden but this is just what I could find though out my manual.

If any of the items you purchased have VIN numbers on them, contact your local PD and ask that they run the VIN numbers to cross check any stolen cars. If you have dealt with Sierra/Midwest Performance, save any and all correspondence between him and yourself.

It usually takes a lot of evidence to be charged with knowingly receiving stolen goods, however, if you find out that you in fact purchased an item and then later found out/had a suspicion it may have been stolen, you can be charged. This is just a suggestion to simply attempt to protect yourself in case the PD decides to follow up on any parts sales this guy and his chop shop decided to do business with. If they want to guarantee a conviction, they will most certainly do their best to follow up with any information they have.

It may even be a good idea to remove the part in question that you purchased for the time being if at all possible. The PD has the authority to confiscate your entire car for simply have a stolen part on it.

mc14 Aug 10, 2012 11:10 AM

DAAAAAAAMN! I sold my 37r Kit to these guys. Thank god I didn't take my car.

REV.olution Aug 10, 2012 11:30 AM

These folks just stole $ from me! I bought some cams from them, and they were not as advertised. I've been waiting for my refund the last three days. Spoke to them on the phone on Friday, and they were acting super sketch and scared.

GSXtreme1987 Aug 10, 2012 11:47 AM

This guy was definitely sketchy. He had part outs every week and sold parts for too cheap. He wouldn't accept PayPal and said its because other people were frauding him through PayPal. Also he acted really shady one time when I wanted to pick up a part from him and told me to meet him pretty far from his shop location.

GEVOVIII Aug 10, 2012 11:50 AM

just found out my buddies friend in wheeling IL had his evo stolen not long ago.. got a call yesterday from police stating they found parts, hood doors motor and other random parts of his car in sierras shop..atleast theyre finding peoples **** and hopefully will be returned to their owners

itsmrrizz2you Aug 10, 2012 11:57 AM

What a bunch of low lives. Good for that s*** shop

Ricker Aug 10, 2012 11:58 AM

Omg this is soooooo crazy!!!!!!

tsidrift1 Aug 10, 2012 12:05 PM

You know, ive been reading now posts on various forums from his"buddies" saying Jeremy was a stand up guy and would never do anything wrong. Ok, whatever lol. Did he not think that some of these evos he was buyin were stolen. Was he that dumb? I mean, evos were getting stolen left and right and yet he was just buying up these partial cars like there was nothing wrong? Please, he knew all about it.

I cant wait to hear more details on the punishment of these douchebags.

VinnyA Aug 10, 2012 12:08 PM

Very very sad, Stealing from people..

Lol his signature is
"Are you missing a random part on your Evo?
I'm sure I have it or can help get it asap!"

More like "Did someone steal a part off of your EVO?
I'm sure It's in my garage send me a bit of money and I'll get it back to you"

mullen Aug 10, 2012 12:15 PM

wow is all i can say!

sliqdaddy91 Aug 10, 2012 12:17 PM

haha what a scum bag, that evo 6 build thread of theirs didn't sit right with me for some reason..something about those pics in that shady looking chop shop

prowakeskater Aug 10, 2012 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by VinnyA (Post 10333477)
Very very sad, Stealing from people..

Lol his signature is
"Are you missing a random part on your Evo?
I'm sure I have it or can help get it asap!"

More like "Did someone steal a part off of your EVO?
I'm sure It's in my garage send me a bit of money and I'll get it back to you"

:lol:

I almost bought an 03 from Jeremy last year. His Ad said it had a drivetrain swap from an 04 RS with 40k miles. I searched his history and found an 04 RS he was parting out a month before, only with 80k miles

I immediately backed out after finding that. Had a thread covering all of it. Shady dude

VinnyA Aug 10, 2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by prowakeskater (Post 10333494)
:lol:

I almost bought an 03 from Jeremy last year. His Ad said it had a drivetrain swap from an 04 RS with 40k miles. I searched his history and found an 04 RS he was parting out a month before, only with 80k miles

I immediately backed out after finding that. Had a thread covering all of it. Shady dude

Good thing you backed out bud, I don't usually buy parts off of other people, you know. Unless they're coming from a legit company not a shop like that. But props to you on doing your re-search before entering a transaction.

AngryEvo8 Aug 10, 2012 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by GEVOVIII (Post 10333422)
just found out my buddies friend in wheeling IL had his evo stolen not long ago.. got a call yesterday from police stating they found parts, hood doors motor and other random parts of his car in sierras shop..atleast theyre finding peoples **** and hopefully will be returned to their owners

Proof set in stone. I wonder what will be done with non vin stamped parts.

DSMpsi Aug 10, 2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8 (Post 10333506)
Proof set in stone. I wonder what will be done with non vin stamped parts.

Junked, Im assuming. :(

Nsomniac Aug 10, 2012 12:41 PM

I contacted the Saint John, Indiana police department. The officer told me they assisted the Lake County Auto Theft Department in raiding Sierra Motorsports and arresting Mr. Sierra on August 8th for suspected auto theft and sales of stolen property. She also referred me to the Lake City Sheriff's department if I had further questions. Their number is (219) 755-3358.

We are leaving the vendor account open as a means for members to communicate with Sierra / Midwest in order to seek resolution on any past sales disputes. Their account will be restricted with no access to the marketplace. All of their FS threads will be locked but visible for anyone that needs information contained in them.

Thank you,

JM

Speedlimit Aug 10, 2012 01:33 PM

Hey everyone!

The vendor account Jeremy@MWPerformance has been placed in the 'Former Vendor' usergroup while IB seeks additional details. That means the account is now banned and PMs etc. are not possible. Please follow the link below to post a brief description of any open and incomplete sale/purchase you have ongoing with Jeremy@MWPerformance. We would like to get them all in one place and will hopefully provide a resource for someone who can help with any recovery of money due if possible.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...torsports.html

Thanks.

Bob

CurseDSM Aug 10, 2012 02:28 PM

Hope the guy sees this but wasnt there a bby evo stolen in chi town not long ago? I seem to have lost the link and the name but I know I kept looking for an answer for the resolvement. Wonder if his car ended up here?

SniperwolF Aug 10, 2012 02:34 PM

i bet he's not alone and not the only one - there we'll be other's - so stay vigilant for looking out on our evo owner pals

tsidrift1 Aug 10, 2012 03:21 PM

Hopefully he spills the beans and rats out the rest of them haha

emotart Aug 10, 2012 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by cursedsm (Post 10333751)
Hope the guy sees this but wasnt there a bby evo stolen in chi town not long ago? I seem to have lost the link and the name but I know I kept looking for an answer for the resolvement. Wonder if his car ended up here?

In the last month, there have been 5 Evos that I know of that were stolen... It seemed like all of a sudden Evos were getting scooped up left and right. Luckily for me, my car rarely runs and is always being worked on LOL.

Srtkr Aug 10, 2012 03:40 PM

What was his screen name on here?

wizzo 8 Aug 10, 2012 03:59 PM

Finally! I always had a bad feeling about these people and that Evokid guy. Stuff never added up correctly.