Notices

Evo x sst 100.000 km

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Evo x sst 100.000 km

Good day, I have EVO X SST with 100.00 km, when changing the clutch (I make the change every 50,000 km), it was verified a wear on the teeth of the transmission, the car works perfectly, as if it were new, but the mechanic said that it was recommended I change this transmission so as not to damage the transfer case

I would like to know if it would be possible to "restore" this wear or in my case only by changing the transmission to a new one

I'm sending a photo for you to see the wear

https://i.imgur.com/2qcNZQp.jpg
Old Oct 6, 2018, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alesx7817
Good day, I have EVO X SST with 100.00 km, when changing the clutch (I make the change every 50,000 km), it was verified a wear on the teeth of the transmission, the car works perfectly, as if it were new, but the mechanic said that it was recommended I change this transmission so as not to damage the transfer case

I would like to know if it would be possible to "restore" this wear or in my case only by changing the transmission to a new one

I'm sending a photo for you to see the wear

https://i.imgur.com/2qcNZQp.jpg
Call Jack's or Kozmic if they don't see this post, or if no one else responds. Having to scrap the whole box seems unreasonable to replace that shafts.

Also, why have you changed your clutches at 50k and 100k km. Were you having issues or adding more power at 50k km that warranted new clutches? I'm at 168k km and the original clutches without issue, just curious.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 05:24 PM

[QUOTE = stokEd; 11842636] Ligue para Jack ou Kozmic se eles não virem este post, ou se ninguém mais responder. Ter que desfazer toda a caixa não parece razoável substituir esses eixos.

Além disso, por que você mudou suas garras em 50k e 100k km. Você estava tendo problemas ou adicionando mais potência a 50 km que justificava novas garras? Estou com 168k km e as garras originais sem problema, apenas curiosas. [/ QUOTE]Yes, 400hp from the 15,000 km

And also about 1200 laps in race track

Every 50000 km the clutch gets bad, or I need to change
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

I have the same issue also. I found that out because I thought my front transfer case was blown. So before mounting the new transfer case, I opened and inspected the old transfer case with all internal gears, teeth and LSD still intact. But I noticed the spline on the transfer case that mates to the transmission was rounded off by the big spline from the transmission. So from my discovering, the front transfer case was still good internally, but the spline was rounded off from the transmission spline. The damage teeth or spline on my transmission looks similar to yours. I cleaned up the spline really well and apply some grease on it before mounting the new transfer case on. The only way to replace the transmission spline is to fully crack open the transmission. Im not sure if there are brand new parts for it, especially a MR Transmission. My car still drives fine. I just dont full throttle as much, because Im afraid the instant torque will wear the spline on the transmission and the new transfer case. Good luck to you. By the way, my car is a 2008 Evo MR with 96,000 miles with basic bolt on and tune for 300 whp and 300 torque.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alesx7817
[QUOTE = stokEd; 11842636]
Yes, 400hp from the 15,000 km

And also about 1200 laps in race track

Every 50000 km the clutch gets bad, or I need to change
I'm very jealous, that's a lot of time on the track. And I think it's reasonable to expect to have to refresh the box more often than most.

Also, what are you doing the track? Lapping for fun? Racing? Pace car? Uber?