Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

434WHP @23PSI and 93 octane...

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2006, 02:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by RoundPro
LOL, because I sell wastegates
That didn't answer my question.

What are your reasonings for:

1. Using a wastegate to make the dump, because it can be controlled by vacumn? What is triggering the vacumn to open the wastegate?

2. Do see a problem with it being such a small diameter? I know hotter exhaust gasses don't need a huge diameter but that wastegate diameter looks really small

3. Why do you need a DP dump? are you using a cat for the street?

Do you work at FP?
Old May 11, 2006, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
That didn't answer my question.

What are your reasonings for:

1. Using a wastegate to make the dump, because it can be controlled by vacumn? What is triggering the vacumn to open the wastegate?

2. Do see a problem with it being such a small diameter? I know hotter exhaust gasses don't need a huge diameter but that wastegate diameter looks really small

3. Why do you need a DP dump? are you using a cat for the street?

Do you work at FP?
1. because WG are designed to be used in a high temp environment. We are using boost pressure to open the WG, not vaccum.

2. There is no problem with the size of the WG on the DP, whatever it can dump to ATM will help reduce pressure in the DP.

3. I don't need it, much like everyhting else excessive, it comes from desire, I WANT IT.
Old May 11, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

besides, it isnt loud untill I stomp on it.
Old May 11, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, two.

One to control boost and the other to let extra pressure out of the DP.

Any more questions I could answer for you? This is a really cool set up... Imagine the sound of the car under full power...

Must be so loud under full boost!! Nice numbers man!
Old May 11, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Any Vids?????
Old May 11, 2006, 02:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
1. because WG are designed to be used in a high temp environment. We are using boost pressure to open the WG, not vaccum.

2. There is no problem with the size of the WG on the DP, whatever it can dump to ATM will help reduce pressure in the DP.

3. I don't need it, much like everyhting else excessive, it comes from desire, I WANT IT.
See how easy that was to answer the questions? Thank you.

It's a different idea / setup then I have seen before. Kudos for trying something different.
Old May 11, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

yes... Working on it.
Old May 11, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
See how easy that was to answer the questions? Thank you.

It's a different idea / setup then I have seen before. Kudos for trying something different.
Thanks.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

a pic of the engine.
Attached Images  
Old May 25, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

MSR has been rented by PCA for the whole weekend... Friday, Sat. Sun. and Monday... So I'll have to wait until next week to track the car and post feedbacks on the car... Raffi from Autoscope drove the car today... The only thing he could say over and over was holly ****!
Old May 25, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very very slick setup, Round. I've got to say, that if there's any company I trust to bring the best products to market and do it right the first time, as well as implement innovative tricks and techniques like the one you've got on your exhaust setup, it would be FP. I was an early adopter of their 3055 turbo on my gsx and I've been very happy with the product from day one.

While I'm not a huge fan of external WG dumps or exhaust cutouts, you've got to appreciate the craftsmanship and clever use of a passive device like this WG and you certainly can't argue with the numbers. Very nice!
Old May 25, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks... The car is so much fun to drive. I have waited a long time for FP to do their R&D on their new brake set up for the EVO... I got to say it is now equaly entertaining to push on the gas and brake pedal

I am going to try to have my new FP cams put in next week before the track and also try to get it on the dyno...

I have to say, I feel VERY lucky to have great local support for the car... FP for engineering and Autoscope for wrenching on the car and also doing a heck of a job on chassis tunning!

I'll also try to post more pics and vids.

Originally Posted by 144mph
very very slick setup, Round. I've got to say, that if there's any company I trust to bring the best products to market and do it right the first time, as well as implement innovative tricks and techniques like the one you've got on your exhaust setup, it would be FP. I was an early adopter of their 3055 turbo on my gsx and I've been very happy with the product from day one.

While I'm not a huge fan of external WG dumps or exhaust cutouts, you've got to appreciate the craftsmanship and clever use of a passive device like this WG and you certainly can't argue with the numbers. Very nice!
Old May 26, 2006, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've also noticed that Robert and the boys are now carrying Ohlins. Hmmmmm bery interesting.

jeff
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Well, just got back from MSR and the brakes are just Killer...! The pedal modulation is fantastic (doesn't upset the anti lock). I was able to do only on session (clutch is gone).

Also I was impressed with Brake Man brake fluid... Changed from SRF. The great thing about the fluid is that it is way cheap.

Next week end I will take the front SB off and see if I get a bit more grip at the apexes...
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kool idea on the exhaust cut out.