Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Comprehensive bushing list.....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comprehensive bushing list.....

OK, I plan on overhauling the underneath of the Evo this winter and have purchased some parts:

So far, I have:

1) Whiteline bushing kits and speciality kits (precision steer and roll-center)
2) Whiteline front and rear end-links
3) Whiteline front and rear swaybars

I know Works and Energy also make bushings, but I am not able to accurately tell which ones are common across the board and which kits have extra bushings I may need to purchase. I want to make sure I get all that make sense when I have this stuff out to do. Its going to be a giant PITA, so I want to do it just once!

I remember some talk of Energy replacing stock spherical ends with bushings which were bad or something.

Anyone done this or have a comprehensive bushing list that spans all 3 manufacturers?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a pretty complete list of what Whiteline has:

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...Path=22_55_291
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Well I recently found out that one of the bushings in my fr control arm was bad. I sat for hours searching all over Evom trying to figure out which one I wanted. In the end I choose the Energy Hyper Flex Master kit. The roads over here are terrible and I don't want to spend $400-$600 on bushings that would probably only last a year.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
Former Sponsor

The energy kit is the cheapest and replaces all the front suspension bushings and the differential, mustache bar and trailing arm bushings in the rear. The other rear suspension arms it leaves which is ok with me because they are a pain to get to anyway. I did that plus the whiteline roll center correction and the whiteline bump steer kit and I did the three engine mount bushings (got them from AMS) Make sure you have a shop with a press nearby. Some bushings are two piece, so you can just cut out the old ones and put in the new but some need to be pressed in including the ball joints for the roll center which need to be pressed out and then in with the new ones. I used a ball joint press at first but it isn't worth the trouble. Too much info maybe.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Front Control Arm Bushing needs to be pressed out as well, the front one which is a two piece, which was a b**ch. The one in the rear of the FCA, I think WL is working on one at the moment.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTLocke13
This is a pretty complete list of what Whiteline has:

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...Path=22_55_291
Like my post said, I have all of those listed there. I need to know if there are any more I could do made by Enegry or Works, if they make sense doing.

To re-state, someone did say energy replaced some stock ones which should not be done, thats why I went with the whiteline
Old Jan 18, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Like zl1560 mentioned...the mustache bar bushing...is the only one I think you are forgetting and that Whiteline doesn't make, that's if you want to replace them all. The mustache bushing definitely eliminates the clunk (from the rear end) when shifting the gears hard.
I replaced all mine with Whiteline, except the diff and mustache, which I used Energy Suspension, because it came as a kit.
I also have Whitelines front and rear sway bars, and front end links...and love them. The precision steering kit is rough...and the only one I haven't installed, but my buddy did.
Overall, the bushing install is a PITA, but well worth the effort.

Dennis
Old Jan 19, 2008, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

WORKS actually makes a very good bushing kit and they have added more bushings in recent past. I've had it in for 2 years and there is not much wear in the bushings, pretty surprised. My old Energy bushings in a EG Honda wore much faster.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

rear bushings...

In the REAR, the Evo has an upper control arm, lower control arm, a trailing arm and an assist link(per FSM, not sure what real world name is):

Rear lower control arm bushings:
W0588 - Rear lower control arm toe (inner) bushing
W0589 - Rear lower control arm shock mount bushing

Rear upper control arm bushings:
W0590 - Rear upper Control Arm Front bushing
W0591 - Rear upper Control Arm Rear bushing

Rear trailing arm bushings:
W0594 - Rear trailing arm lower(front) bushing

Rear assist arm:
KCA388 - Rear Bump steer kit installs on assist arm

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Originally Posted by ReSin
Like zl1560 mentioned...the mustache bar bushing...is the only one I think you are forgetting and that Whiteline doesn't make, that's if you want to replace them all. The mustache bushing definitely eliminates the clunk (from the rear end) when shifting the gears hard.
I replaced all mine with Whiteline, except the diff and mustache, which I used Energy Suspension, because it came as a kit.
I also have Whitelines front and rear sway bars, and front end links...and love them. The precision steering kit is rough...and the only one I haven't installed, but my buddy did.
Overall, the bushing install is a PITA, but well worth the effort.

Dennis
Dennis - Appreciate the input.

I don't have the moustache bar listed as I am eliminating mine with the AMS moustache brace eliminator kit. It also replaces the diff mount bushings with solid brass ones.

I am in the process of dissassembly and run into issues on passengers side already - ABS sensor broke when trying to remove knuckle and hub...
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone find a front and rear sway bar bushing/bracket set without buying the entire bushing kits? Just focusing on the sway bars and end links for now.

I'm assuming there's a tranny mount for the automatic '03 OZ, is this worth replacing? I know the polyeurethane ones made a difference with the hotrod I had, changed the linkage location for the shifter for the better...
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^
found this answer out.

Do you guys know if the whiteline bushings will fit in models other than the EVO? Sepcifically, the front control arms...?