Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Block vs. Loeb

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Block vs. Loeb

Would be fun to see them head to head

http://www.0-60mag.com/online/?p=11465
Old Apr 21, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

thats good stuff right there....
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with one of the comments Loeb on dirt and Block on tarmac. Both are bad ***
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Might be fun to watch, but if it were for time, I don't think it would be very close. KB and TP have both spent time in PWRC cars and are not up to the pace of the top guys in the supporting series.

Besides...KB took two motors to finish his video, a motor swap will slow down event the best drivers.

Dave
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No offense to Ken, because I love him dearly (especially if he's reading this) but Loeb would eat him up.

Watch the out takes from Ken's Gymkhana video and you can see just how many times different elements were filmed and how much practice and choreography went into the video. Loeb does it all on the fly and faster and more precise than pretty much anyone in the history of Rally... on or off road.

Don't get me wrong, I personally can't STAND Loeb, but as a skilled rally car peddler, I completely and totally respect his abilities. And those of Block as well.

But head to head, on any surface, first run bast run... Loeb all the way.

Not to say Block won't eventually get to that pace. I think Block absolutely can.

Scott
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallyDSM
No offense to Ken, because I love him dearly (especially if he's reading this) but Loeb would eat him up.

Watch the out takes from Ken's Gymkhana video and you can see just how many times different elements were filmed and how much practice and choreography went into the video. Loeb does it all on the fly and faster and more precise than pretty much anyone in the history of Rally... on or off road.

Don't get me wrong, I personally can't STAND Loeb, but as a skilled rally car peddler, I completely and totally respect his abilities. And those of Block as well.

But head to head, on any surface, first run bast run... Loeb all the way.

Not to say Block won't eventually get to that pace. I think Block absolutely can.

Scott
Agree!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer
Agree!
+2 ... But it would be fun to see them go head to head, so we can confirm what all of us are already thinking.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Blocks kind of an a hole. Our service area was right next his at rally new york and I watched a young kid walk up to get his autograph and Block says, " yeah sure right after I eat" and disapeared into his RV the kid never recieved Blocks autograph but since he had his pen and paper, our driver took care of it .

I think Leob would win.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Loeb would win. He's the Michael Schumacher of the rally world and one of the best drivers on the planet. Block competes in pwrc and finishes mid pack. He has more than enough sponsors in tow plus is very marketable name and isn't close to getting a wrc ride.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Out off all the Rally america drivers I don't think Block would win in head to head Gymkhana