Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

RacingBrake Review-900C

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RacingBrake Review-900C

To continue my review for the improved compounds for the RacingBrake 800B and the 900C. At Pocono South course I installed the "test set" of the new compound for the 900 series pad (900C) on the front. Since I was at a track I bedded the new front pads in the proper way (at racing speeds). So the FIRST THING I must tell you is this- If you HAVE to have dust free or very little dust on your wheels you can stop reading here.!! When you hit the brakes you get the F1 explosion of brake dust from the rotors AND you get the F1 style of braking power. These are RacingBrakes hardest stopping pads yet but still continue the RB tradition of being super easy to control and not destructive to the rotors. BUT..you really need a set of rotors that are hard enough to handle the heat generated and the grip these pads have on the rotors braking surface. RacingBrake rotors use a special formula when they cast their rotors (see RB website) and my 2 piece rotors have the "dent" in the rotor from when they are tested for the hardness of the metal. And the 900C pads do require a different style of braking than you are probably used to because these will seriously stop your car so quickly you will need to adjust your braking points ALOT. When I got to NJMP Thunderbolt course with the 900C still on the car (they do work on the street-but it is NOT recommended) the first session was wet so I ran my R1R's..the 900C was easy to control (thank goodness) as the torque was way to much for my street tires to be able to cope with in the wet. So when the track dried and the R-comps went on these pads were just terrific..with NJMP's smooth track and the higher speeds(compared to Pocono) the 900C pads and I were in braking heaven. In my opinion these are the best track pads I have ever used. They did absolutely everything so well I didn't care about the dusting..and these ARE real race pads so don't expect them to outlast your car! I installed them(900C) on the fronts and a set of the 800B on the rears and ran 3- 20min.sessions and the TT at Pocono-drove around a few hundred street miles and the ran NJMP Thunderbolt 4-15 min sessions and the TT and drove home before the 900C were all done-the 800B on the rears was 1/2 way done. Considering just how well the 900C stopped the car I think the pad life is great..the front rotor temps were in the 500 degree range with the IR heat gun (not mine) on a average temp. sunny day when I finally got to my pit area and I have no problems with the 2 piece rotors and I do not use ducts. For those who want F1 like performance from your brakes-for those who can deal with cleaning off the dust from your wheels..TRY THESE PADS !!! Thank you, RACINGBRAKE !!! Pete
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:10 PM

Pete, do you ever run with PDA/NASA? I will be at NJMP on sat 6/20 after 2 days at the glen mon and tues. If you are there I'd like to come around with you and see how they compare with my pads. And you are welcome to ride with me also.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Tim and I will be there as well at NJMP Sat 20th. We will be driving in from an EMRA T.T. at Monticello Motor Club Fri. See you there ! Pete
Old Jun 13, 2009, 07:56 AM

OK, see you there. I'll be the black #59.
Rick
Old Jun 13, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Is it possible to edit that original post and use paragraphs. Holy heck.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

I will try to do better IF I write something like that again. One giant comment for mankind ! Sorry ! Pete
Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:02 PM

No Glen ..or NJMP

Originally Posted by riksride
OK, see you there. I'll be the black #59.
Rick
Pete, I think I spoke too soon. On my way to the Glen today I got as far as Monticello before I got punted off the road by a woman who said she 'overcompensated'. She was cited for unsafe lane changing but it doesn't make me feel much better. The firemen were able to pry the fender away from the tire with their pick axe. I don't think there is any suspension damage but will have it aligned to be sure. Hope to see you another time.
I'm planning to be at the big PDA/NASA event at Pocono July 17-19. We'll be using the whole track!
Attached Thumbnails RacingBrake Review-900C-rsz_img_0985.jpg  
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Rick, Ouch...glad nobody was hurt. It is to bad the street is not as safe as the track. I was thinking about the Pocono weekend,the old IMSA course is a great layout. Pete