Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

3 Evo on dirt.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mantosride
who the hell takes a car that nice, and does that ? its not a jeep its an evo , go figure your in upstate NY that explains part of the problem

What are you people thinking? unless you just won the lottery or robbed a bank you have no business playing rally car driver !

but if you have a load of disposable money and wanna pretend to be a rally car driver with a brand new car, more power to you !
more power to you man, i can tell you know if you where not just a bunch of posers you would not be in the little garage with that cheap lift that you found in the back of an autotrader. Nor would you be on some cheesy dirt track in woods of NY. you would be traveling the world with sponsors and racing the best in the world, oh wait you wish! good luck !

I can't tell if this is a joke or not?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

I replied seriously but I think it was lol. If it wasn't a joke....that kid is......

It's funny when guy's don't know what the EVO was designed/built for.

Last edited by D420mac; Jul 27, 2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
thanks guys
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:07 AM
Evolving Member

Evo=Rally Car ........should of got a H3 with 24''s hahahaha more your flavor i think
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

more power to you man, i can tell you know if you where not just a bunch of posers you would not be in the little garage with that cheap lift that you found in the back of an autotrader. Nor would you be on some cheesy dirt track in woods of NY. you would be traveling the world with sponsors and racing the best in the world, oh wait you wish! good luck !
You certaintly know a lot. What kind of "cheap" lift is that and how many square feet is our garage and how many acres is our test course?

What was the cenario of the the car in the mud?

Central New york, hmm whats your problem besides that fact that theres a hollow space in between your ears?

You know nothing! Your the type of person that shouldn't have a CT9A.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:29 AM
Account Disabled

Look, sorry that I was bashing you, I guess everyone has to start some where, and at lest your giving it your all.

The pic that really got me worked up was the kid in the blue evo stuck in the mud, that has to be the most foolish thing i have ever seen. The fact that people would take their daily drivers, and rip through the woods is beyond me.

I understand that the EVO's building basis was a rally car, however when you take your daily driver, and mash on it and rip through the woods it doesnt seem all that smart. If I had a hand full of disposable income I would be up there with you in my rally car, which would be driven there in a trailer, and taken home in a trailer, and I would give two Sh*** if the car had chips and dirt on every inch of the car.

On the other side would you take a car that you paid 40 grand for and beat on it like it was some old CJ?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Hell Yeah!!! I Have 110K in mine and beat the s**t out of it. Dude racing is expensive, Rallying can be totalling I'm sure this guy already knows that.

You really need to be on the site for more than a few days to see the outcome of some of the EVO's thoughout the world. This is an enthusiasts site, if you, want to keep your car pretty, and clean, or tear it up off roading, racing, modding that's your perogative. The comments you expressed, toward what someone else chooses to do with THEIR CAR makes no sense, and you need to keep it to yourself.

Search "https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecuflash/401857-sorry-i-havnt-been-online-recently.html". to see some damage on an EVO no offense tephra.

Last edited by D420mac; Jul 28, 2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Everyone has their own thing. I hear about people dragging their Evos, a rally developed car or making it a show car, and I don't understand either. It is their car though and what they like to do, so I don't worry much about it. As far as Daily Drivers, My 03 has 126k on the clock with a stock engine and trans and has been bombing around through the dirt roads since the day I bought it. Its done 12 rallycrosses and many days of just playing around in the dirt and still drives me to work and back. I think of how many 03s are dead or at least completely rebuilt from track, drag or just bad driving and I have to laugh. The X shown is not a Daily driver, it is a race car.

As far as if I bought a car for 40 grand, I wouldn't spend that much buying a car. If I did, yes I would take it out in the woods. Some people enjoy track days or twisty mountain roads. The kind of driving I enjoy is a narrow, twisty dirt road surrounded by trees. different tastes for different people. I like cars as opposed to Jeeps because I like my center of gravity low to lessen the chance of a roll over at speed. Jeeps are fun, cars developed in rally are more so.

The overall point I guess is that if your post had been filled with legitimate critiques, say on plate design or the car's angle in one of the pics, hell even just laughing at tim stuck in the mud, it would have been fine. If its just you are personally appalled at how other people choose to use their free time and personal property then my suggestion would be to avert your eyes and browse another thread. Its what I do when I see the show car threads. Of course thats why I stay mostly in the motorsport section of this forum.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

^ Lol! Nice!

Listen this guy is clueless. He doesn't get it, he never will. Not to mention he has no idea how not small we really are, he knows nothing on all of our blood sweat and frustration into this car and team. He knows nothing of how much money is involved from all of us and how much are sponsors have put into this to get to where we are.

Let's not waste anymore time on him.

Besides he already made a lot of valid points!

Not to mention he's an (flamming edit you know what I mean though).
I dare say bana bolfaus

Last edited by r.m.s.; Jul 28, 2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Look, sorry that I was bashing you, I guess everyone has to start some where, and at lest your giving it your all.

The pic that really got me worked up was the kid in the blue evo stuck in the mud, that has to be the most foolish thing i have ever seen. The fact that people would take their daily drivers, and rip through the woods is beyond me.

I understand that the EVO's building basis was a rally car, however when you take your daily driver, and mash on it and rip through the woods it doesnt seem all that smart. If I had a hand full of disposable income I would be up there with you in my rally car, which would be driven there in a trailer, and taken home in a trailer, and I would give two Sh*** if the car had chips and dirt on every inch of the car.

On the other side would you take a car that you paid 40 grand for and beat on it like it was some old CJ?
IT IS JUST A CAR,

If you were ever in a rally car on stage you would understand why we all do what we do. Dents and scratches are all fixable. The pure rush of it all makes it worth while. Build the car a good skid plate and you are pretty safe on dirt and gravel. If it is a DD going 10/10ths might not be the best idea, but pushing 7/10ths is pretty safe and fun in a well prepped DD.

But as you can see this is not a DD and this group of guys is anything but new to this.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

I've had 2 subarus and 2 Evos ( I know I said it I owned a Subaru and still do) and all of which have seen time in the dirt. What good is spending your hard earned money on a car if you can't have fun with it. Maybe you want to baby yours but I guarantee I'll have more fun with mine. All of us that enjoy rally understand its a passion for the sport and there are ignorant people that don't get it like we do. To each his own, but don't knock it till you've tried it.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

I feel bad for his evo.. Its going to have a sad life... But anyway lets stop bashing on him... lets get back to what the thread was made for! Enjoying the photos from the practice.. But hey I have to go wash the mud from my car... Its &$^@#$* everywhere!!! Like bricks of it under the car O yea I have 812500 Miles on my car and I have been playing in the dirty for at least 50k of that. I have yet to replace any parts on my car other then brakes tires fluids and a front window.. And some after market parts were swapped out but that's norm. So please don't tell me its beating on the car... Its the driver who breaks stuff.

I'm uploading video now will be back to post later.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Hey if anyone has any photos please send them my way
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by TwistedEvo8
Hey if anyone has any photos please send them my way

Tim, please PM me your email so I can send you photos of "Blueberry Evo in Chocolate"
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Tim, how did that suspension work out for your buddy? looks like you guys had fun

Quick Reply: 3 Evo on dirt.