Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

World-Challenge Evo X

Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that sucks. I guess I would tell the Camaro to shove it . Looks like he only check the rear view and forgot there was an AWD behind him.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to see your bad luck continue, hopefully next year is much better for you.

Marty
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Wow. You have to love the Camaro's caption on the video blaming you for this. I thought your reply was nice and low-key. Good on you for taking the high-road, even if said high-road will occasionally have an F-body on it.
i dont want to be a bad guy here since of course i am an evo biased guy, also i do cheer for the WCevo X.
But you should except you will be way faster from a dig, just simple is that. I am also sure everyone looks forward at the launch not looking back.
There for i would call this is an equal accident. Just in simple , it is a racing accident.
You can not blame anybody here. i think every one is involved in this accident are equally part of it.
You can not cut off any one , but neither try run over them. There are many things can and do happen a front of you usually , like stall etc.
This is why I do not do door to door racing. I have no budget for that.

NIce pick up though from the evo how much power and weight you guys have? Sounds crazy mean

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 12, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i dont want to be a bad guy here since of course i am an evo biased guy, also i do cheer for the WCevo X.
You're not a bad guy for saying this, but I have to wonder why you chose my post - which criticized the Camaro driver for blaming Bill - to quote.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
You're not a bad guy for saying this, but I have to wonder why you chose my post - which criticized the Camaro driver for blaming Bill - to quote.
I dont know LOL. Nothing specific.
Just happened to be yours.
Basically we could even skipp the quote all together, because what I tried to say , it was a really misfortune racing accident . Nothing more or less with no one to blame really. Both car was "forced" to change direction. One is cut off and the other run over one.
Your comment was more like an example for me to see other way then I do this. Thats all.

Rob

I hope no harm happened.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It definitely stinks this happened, and I can see Robevo's point of view too. Looks like without that car sideswiping you, you might have passed 3-4 cars down the middle just with the launch. The thing is, how dangerous is it do attempt that knowing that any other person who doesn't see you could swing to the middle not thinking it's possible you are already along side them. It looked like going down the left edge was a bit narrow with the wall right there and due to the crazy good launch it sounded like you were not in full control of the car with the wheels spinning and everything. So the ability to let off at that point was not really there either, and being able to see if a car is swinging out as you are passing them makes it hard to avoid since there is no other place to go.

The guy that hit you should have checked down his right mirror, but even then he should have assumed that if he wasn't able to do a full launch due to the stalled car right in front of him that there WILL be cars screaming past him on one or both sides if he didn't move around that car without any delay.

Better luck next season, some are just not meant to be.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wtz
If it was'nt for bad luck...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6mwdrKc4wc
Seen this on SpeedTV this weekend - as they showed the race. Wickedly awesome as a spectator! I still don't understand how easily the car went up on 2 wheels from just a slow pace.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but will you be running in 2013?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Good find and hopeful to see the Evo X out there in 2013. I think you ended up finishing the last race or so in another car?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

from looking at the registration list it looks like he is running a pontiac soltice this year.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mantella
from looking at the registration list it looks like he is running a pontiac soltice this year.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by dnetcrawler
He took that like a champ, I would have went all NASCAR style and thrown an helmet....