Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Do Nascar drivers have balls?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Nascar drivers have *****?

I'm starting to wonder after watching this. "that's impossible, that just can't be done" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhmEq...layer_embedded
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Not sure if they have *****?

I don't think they have brains..they have to stop and ask for directions every 50 laps
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Danica Patrick doesn't. Right?

Generally, aren't rally race drivers considered the craziest?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:51 PM

I'd have to agree that rally drivers and drifters are probably the craziest humans out there...Well next to sky divers anyways.

Nascar......You go in a big circle.... nuff said.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is hillarious. lol
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

riding passenger seat isnt made for everyone including fast drivers.
I do agree rally is one of the craziest forms of driving though.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

they're making a left turn.. they're making another left turn.. they're making another left turn.. i wonder whats gona happen next.....
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

A big crash involving 10+ cars. Crowd goes wild!!

Passenger got so scared on a solo hot lap and probably not 10/10ths from the driver. I can't imagine what he will say or do on the first lap or two of a race with bumper to bumper wheel to wheel action going 2-3 wide in a turn. Actually nvm...not a good idea. Won't be good for the heart.

Nascar is very boring to watch for audience, unless there is a big pileup/crash. They do however have skill in not crashing into one another when going 180mph+ 2-3 wide on the banking. You are never running alone in Nascar, always have someone a few feet either infront, behind, and/or beside you. As a driver, im sure it will be a heart pumping experience every minute of the race. Nascar isn't my cup of tea to watch, but i respect the sport and the skills involved. On the other hand, they do have 2-3 events that run on roadcourses like Road Atlanta, Infineon Raceway, VIR, and the like. Those I must say are fun to watch. So, they can turn left and right if you were wondering.

Last edited by Pure EvoIX; Oct 10, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:13 PM

There has got to be some skill involved with as much fandom as the sport has.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what do NASCAR drivers, who only know how to turn left, do when they get to Infineon and Watkins Glen? They go fast as ****...

They've got bigger ***** than anybody on this forum and I don't even watch NASCAR.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

were gonna go straight and were gonna turn to the left
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:29 PM

...while going 180 mph with 3281932 other cars around us.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

My first time at the Nurburgring I was a passenger in a open top race car called a Mallock. Sitting in the passenger seat I could reach out and touch the side exhaust pipes only a few inches from the ground. The British driver blasted out into the "ring" passing Porsche GT-3's like they were standing still. At 165mph I was fighting to hold my head against the wind pressure that made my neck sore! When I got out of the car I took 3 steps and my legs went limp and I could not stand. Darrell probably didn't get much farther after hitting 200mph in that V8 super car blasting around mount Panorama..
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll start by saying that I have never been a NASCAR fan. I've always liked F1, ALMS, WRC, DTM, JGTC, BTCC...pretty much all road racing stuff. I recently had a chance to ride and drive in a Sprint Cup car at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and it was an eye-opening experience that made me really respect what the drivers can and must do.

On the laps I did, I hit about 165 mph top speed. Previously, the fastest I had ever gone was about 150mph in my Z06. At 165mph the track starts to get much narrower than it feels at low speeds. When you bomb into the turn at those speeds it feels really narrow. When you consider that in the races on that same track they are hitting 200mph+, going three wide, with a car in front, behind, and on both sides...it was a bit of a revelation for me. A Sprint Cup driver absolutely must have serious ***** to do what they do and be good at it. Nobody can honestly tell me that kissing a barrier wall at 200mph with someone bumping into you wouldn't be a pucker factor 11 moment...or at least extremely exciting if you're a little twisted.

It is certainly entirely different than road course racing, but it does take a lot of skill, and comes with its own unique set of challenges. The cars weigh as much as an evo, have 800-900hp, 15" wheels so you can't fit big brake discs in them, not tons of aero comparatively speaking...basic big flying refrigerators. The tracks can be tight, traffic is insane, the cars are going ridiculously fast, bumping each other.

I'll probably always prefer the technology of F1, the daring of a rally driver threading through trees, the giant brass pair of a rider at the Isle of Man, etc. And in my heart I really do believe it is more fun to turn left and right, go up and down hills, etc. If you have gasoline in your blood though, you should give it a fair chance before dismissing it as a redneck sport. The business I work for is heavily involved in the sport, so I was sort of forced into being around it. I've come to appreciate it a lot more since doing so, and I have a lot a respect for the drivers and teams involved. As with other types of racing, there are plenty of nuances, clever ways around rules, interesting technologies involved, etc.

Finally, if you get the chance to see one of the events live, it is a lot of fun. It's a huge party, the cars sound amazing singing together, some eye candy, lots of beverages, and in many cases 100,000+ people out there all having a good time.

ps If you've never been out to watch Sprint Cars on a dirt track, or Top Fuel dragsters run a 1/4 mile, you need to do that as well...asap! Both will blow your mind and give you a new found appreciation for racing and cars in general.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
riding ***** in a racecar is not exactly the most fun experience I've done. It's a LOT different in the passenger seat than behind the wheel.

410 sprints are awesome. I watched the Dirt Cup in Skagit Valley this year.... AWESOME.

Quick Reply: Do Nascar drivers have balls?