Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Australian Supercars

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Australian Supercars

Count me in as a fan of Australian Supercars. After watching the Bathurst 1000 where Craig Lowndes almost pulled of a win over Garth Tanner, I was hooked. The action is fast and furious. The cars have the classic V8 sound while the cars handle much like a GT2 car from ALMS. I love how the cars look as well as they are mostly stock looking save for large rear wings.

Speed is going to cover the Gold Coast 600 after the fabulous full coverage of Bathurst. I am really looking forward to them coming to the US for the USGP in 2013. I just wish that NASCAR would take note. These cars are much more fun to watch than the NASCAR COT.

My favorite team is Team Vodafone with Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife. I would have to say that the Bathurst track is probably one of the wildest tracks I have ever seen with so many massive elevation changes and long straights. Just wondering if anyone else is going to watch the Gold Coast race.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I remember watching a little bit of bathurst online last year and I was amazed on how well one of the v8 suv's was handling. i think it was a chevy ss clone!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Bathhurst was a great race to watch on Speed, my only complaint was that the broadcast went a few minutes over and I had it recorded on my DVR...

So of corse with 1 freakin lap to go it stopped recording and I had to go online to see if he held him off or got passed. The closest thing we have to Bathurst here is Watkins Glen, definitely a track with elevation changes and lots of turns mixed with high speed straights.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Bathhurst was a great race to watch on Speed, my only complaint was that the broadcast went a few minutes over and I had it recorded on my DVR...

So of corse with 1 freakin lap to go it stopped recording and I had to go online to see if he held him off or got passed. The closest thing we have to Bathurst here is Watkins Glen, definitely a track with elevation changes and lots of turns mixed with high speed straights.
This is why I always set my DVD-R for an extension for any race. I have missed too many race endings because my recorder stopped recording.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin, Texas 2013: historic V8 Supercars USA race
First-ever LIVE broadcast from USA for any Australian motorsport
LIVE coverage on SPEED™ in North and South America
Groundbreaking 5-year deal

THE V8 Supercars Championship will make its debut on United States soil in 2013.

An announcement was made early today (Australian time) outlining a five-year deal for Australia’s premier racing series to compete at the new Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.

The new arrangement will make the United States the fifth offshore venue to host the V8 Supercars Championship in its history, joining New Zealand, China, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, Queensland Premier Anna Bligh, V8 Supercars Chairman Tony Cochrane and founding partner of Circuit of the Americas, Tavo Hellmund, were on hand for the historic announcement.

The Circuit of the Americas is under construction to host the 2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix and the 2013 MotoGP Grand Prix World Championship.

The 5.5km state of the art circuit is the first purpose-built Grand Prix Circuit in the United States.

There will be two, 200-kilometre races held on a regular Friday to Sunday race weekend for V8 Supercars with the date to be announced.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Having the Australian Supercars along with an F1 race would be about as good as it gets for motorsports. I hope that AS adds more races to the US. I would love to see them at Road America.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Or at Watkins Glen! The track has great elevation changes like Bathurst and is fast moving with enough technical sections to make it a great combo.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

bill will you be attending fia in texas next year :excited:
Old Jan 7, 2012, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

^ I would really love to catch both the F1 race and the Supercars. We'll see...
Old Jan 7, 2012, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

i will be attending the f1 race in tex IF it does happen
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo MR IX Fritz
i will be attending the f1 race in tex IF it does happen
I hope it does... I already requested off Nov 15-19
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

^ Let's just hope that Bernie E. does not pull off some shady deal that cuts the Austin race out of the schedule. He already has pretty much doomed the race to failure. I just wish that the Supercars could come to a number of North American tracks so that Americans could see what real racing is all about.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
^ Let's just hope that Bernie E. does not pull off some shady deal that cuts the Austin race out of the schedule. He already has pretty much doomed the race to failure. I just wish that the Supercars could come to a number of North American tracks so that Americans could see what real racing is all about.
But that will expose nascar is to racing as wwf is to wrestling!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

^ You got that right. NASCAR is really a form of the WWF, contrived racing. What I love about the Supercars is their stock appearance with engines people can relate to. The fact that they make a grand noise and provide about the closest racing that there is only makes them more enticing. The race at Bathurst pretty much made me a fan of this kind of racing.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
I hope it does... I already requested off Nov 15-19
Good man lol
Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Yes he has

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
But that will expose nascar is to racing as wwf is to wrestling!
Lol

Quick Reply: Australian Supercars