Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Run from me going into slaloms too hot and making me late on them thus knocking over a lot of cones.

Old Jul 11, 2018, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
First event in the evo since nationals last year. Grabbed the old camera, but forgot to check the mount... so sorry about the shakey video and vibration noise.

Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Packwood national tour video. Fastest door slammer and 3rd in pax with FP index.

Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by psushoe
First event in the evo since nationals last year. Grabbed the old camera, but forgot to check the mount... so sorry about the shakey video and vibration noise.

https://youtu.be/O3IHiilWEOM
Solid lines from the looks of it!

Zack
Old Sep 10, 2018, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Got 6th quickest raw time, 2nd in class by co driver that beat me in my own car by 0.037. Off by 0.6 seconds from FTD so I was pretty happy with results.

Old Sep 24, 2018, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

10th fastest raw time out of 95. Could've drove a little better/quicker blah blah same excuse as always but here is another non very interesting autox run.

Old Jan 14, 2019, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Was able to get first in class today. This has a new TRE max lock rear diff and rebuilt transmission and transfercase from TRE.

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
nice work. man that is not an evo friendly course
Old Mar 11, 2019, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

2nd in class, 13th raw out of 113. I could've held the gas down on the slalom right after the turn around. I was a wuss and was only partial throttle.

Old Mar 25, 2019, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

I was able to get FTD, my first time ever!

Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

so, here's my last event from last year with the same club and very similar course. the only significant difference is the cusco, the rest of the car had some minor tweaks here and there but nothing significant.

and with the osg

not great driving i realize, and a lot of distance to cones. not a huge difference i see in the car's performance overall
Old Apr 30, 2019, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

video from this past weekend -

The car is feeling better with the rear bar on the middle setting, though it was cooler out. Also switched from the RT615k+ to the RE71Rs and feels like I've gained at least a second.

I'm still not loving how the OS Giken feels, it feels like I'm waiting for the diff to lock before the power really goes down.

Starts with my fastest run (4th) and then runs 1-6. Biggest thing I noticed from the last event is how much time is eaten from not slowing down enough for the corner to exit out
Old Apr 30, 2019, 06:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Man, the car just looks painful to drive though it does seem like a lot of self-induced push in there. The biggest thing I notice, especially after your first run, is you don't start turning the wheel till you want the car to be turning. You need to be easing wheel into the turn and as it loads up the outside you can be feeding in harder. When the car is softish like yours, you have to be even slower with the hands because the car needs time to get rolled over and take a set. I feel like you're getting your hands turned all the way into the turn faster than the car can take a set into what you're trying to do.

The first vid, which is your best for sure, is so much better than the 1st couple runs (2 and on) where youre just late on everything and way off line. The big thing I always feel about the evo is you have to be on line and not over drive into a corner. Once you got to hard into a corner its impossible to fix, youve just lost time. Its just the nature of the front heavy car because at that point all you can do is overload the front and then it doesnt have enough work remaining to get the rear to move.

Cause of wind noise I can really get a feel for how your exits are going to see if you're just asking the car to accelerate too soon or what but overall i'd say exits looked ok. It mostly just looks like you need more rear spring, and use camber and toe to keep it stable. You need to get the front to do less work.
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Apr 30, 2019)
Old Apr 30, 2019, 06:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
My video from Sunday with Texas SCCA at Texas Motor Speedway. It was a fast course and a surface I'm used to but my car was unusually prone to oversteer. I still managed a class win by a couple of seconds but I was upset because I only managed a meager 0.3 seconds over my first run. The other way to look at it is that I finally put down a heater run on my first run; I'm going to go with that.

Old Apr 30, 2019, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Man, the car just looks painful to drive though it does seem like a lot of self-induced push in there. The biggest thing I notice, especially after your first run, is you don't start turning the wheel till you want the car to be turning. You need to be easing wheel into the turn and as it loads up the outside you can be feeding in harder. When the car is softish like yours, you have to be even slower with the hands because the car needs time to get rolled over and take a set. I feel like you're getting your hands turned all the way into the turn faster than the car can take a set into what you're trying to do.

The first vid, which is your best for sure, is so much better than the 1st couple runs (2 and on) where youre just late on everything and way off line. The big thing I always feel about the evo is you have to be on line and not over drive into a corner. Once you got to hard into a corner its impossible to fix, youve just lost time. Its just the nature of the front heavy car because at that point all you can do is overload the front and then it doesnt have enough work remaining to get the rear to move.

Cause of wind noise I can really get a feel for how your exits are going to see if you're just asking the car to accelerate too soon or what but overall i'd say exits looked ok. It mostly just looks like you need more rear spring, and use camber and toe to keep it stable. You need to get the front to do less work.
yea, first video was my 4th run (fastest), then I show runs 1-6. Most of my push is not slowing down enough for the turns. We talked about this before, but is 11k okay (8/11), or do I need to go 8/12? I don't want to go too overboard, as the rear ohlins were valved for 8k springs, which they say can do +- 2k. I'm sure 11 will be fine, but also thinking about ride qual, as well as balance for track days (don't want it too loose).

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos