Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 04:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Right at 0:31 your hand is inside the wheel. Don't know if you did it at all later but that's a bad habit to have, even on the street. You're just starting now, but once you get better in driving and setup you'll be making the car dance under throttle threading it through places. You need to have these early habits fixed by then.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 04:44 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
i once ran nice and smooth and got faster as the day went on. my times were pretty competitive, considering i always run out of class and i'm still a newb. i went back out for a "fun run" and drove the car hard. i went .52 seconds faster.
i'm not sure if the X is the same, but my IX really does go faster when i drive it like i stole it. i'm thinking i would be even faster if i found a happy medium.
that is in response to the "smooth is slow" part and just my experience. results may vary.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Right at 0:31 your hand is inside the wheel. Don't know if you did it at all later but that's a bad habit to have, even on the street. You're just starting now, but once you get better in driving and setup you'll be making the car dance under throttle threading it through places. You need to have these early habits fixed by then.
Originally Posted by jwl03
I might be wrong, but I would think :25-:32 sec mark of the OP video.
Now I understand! It's something I admittedly do on the road on occasion as well. I'll make a mental note to nip that in the bud before it becomes a habit.

I'll be doing another event this weekend, weather permitting. I'm going to try to follow the proper seating article posted earlier and see how that feels! I'll let you all know!
Old Aug 3, 2014, 08:40 AM

Talking N7 Evo Returns to the AutoX Course! Night Event @ Kilkare Raceway

Hey all. Here's my latest shenanigans in autocross. Night Event at Kilkare raceway in Ohio. Eight runs total, with a worst run of 67.251 sec and a best of 60.925 sec. I took some of what I learned from my last video (some of the feedback from you fine folks) to try to help improve my driving. The most prominent change was in my seat positioning. Made a difference for sure! A few of the runs are inside the car again, so if you guys see any bad habits starting to form, or any feedback on my driving, please let me know! Thanks!

http://youtu.be/E4zk00b51bM?list=UUp...IgJAzTmWJBbWVg

Date of AutoX: 02 August 2014
Club: Miami Valley Sports Car Club (MVSCC)
Driver: N7_EvoX
Car:Project Zeke
Run #: All Runs listed in Video
Old Aug 12, 2014, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Videos from our "Local" Autocross at Loring Air Force Base

Posted these in my build thread, but wanted to share with you guys. A few folks from Mass and NH made the trip, had a blast and plan to return. Maybe some of you in the NE area will feel the same.

This past weekend my local autocross club Cumberland Motor Club held our 5th annual 3 day event at Loring Air Force Base by Caribou, ME by the Canada border. Airfield has been down for years, they hold land speed records on this strip. Place is HUGE.

Last year was my 1st year doing a full season of autocross and my 1st time up there. Times last year were around 2:00 mark both days. Times this year were 1:25-1:35. Much faster speeds this year. A real check to the size of your cahones. So hard to get a clean lap on the long fast courses, hard to find the limit without losing it and even harder to put it exactly where you wanted it at those speeds. Had a blast. It ends up being a long weekend with a bunch of good people camping at the airfield or staying at some cabins close by. Its a good time.

Friday was a test and tune session. 6 runs on Saturday and 5 runs on Sunday. A little over 100 entries both days. Im pretty sure I was top 10 pax and raw both days. Waiting to see official results.

My car is an '05 MR w/ 5spd, 12/14k rates, sway bars, 285 ZIIs, ~380whp, 3050-3100lbs.

Last edited by charlie.tunah; Aug 12, 2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 07:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Damn, jealous of the giant run space you have there.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
O.M.G.! Time to move back to Southwest Harbor and stop pronouncing the letter R.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Damn, jealous of the giant run space you have there.

Yeah its pretty awesome. Attached a quick google image comparison of Loring compared to our other local big venue. We basically have the entire Loring area available. Just becomes TOO BIG if you stretch it out too much. We did the smaller of the venues four times this season, with one more planned. Lucky to get that too.

Originally Posted by Iowa999
O.M.G.! Time to move back to Southwest Harbor and stop pronouncing the letter R.

Haha. Mainers are funny people. Ive only been here for 6 years. Come out for a visit to the Habah next August and make a road trip up to Loring!

Results posted today
http://www.cumberlandmotorclub.com/r...sacsat_pax.htm

http://www.cumberlandmotorclub.com/r...sacsun_pax.htm

Got bumped into SSM-T ("-T" = 200tw tires) both days and won it. 10th raw on Sat, 13th raw on Sunday. Not bad behind a bunch of screaming fast shifter karts and a few fast R-comps guy, as well as my nemesis in the MR2 spyder. But there was so much left out there! Always is, right? Behind on points to the Vette is AS and the TC in SMF-T. They have put it to me the last couple events. Im gunning for bragging rights at our last event though!
Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos-bnas-loring-layout1.jpg  

Last edited by charlie.tunah; Aug 13, 2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 08:38 PM

Awesome videos - I need to try and get out to an event with CMC!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 08:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by charlie.tunah
My car is an '05 MR w/ 5spd, 12/14k rates, sway bars, 285 ZIIs, ~380whp, 3050-3100lbs.
What did you have to do to get the 285s on there?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
What did you have to do to get the 285s on there?

The typical treatment. Wheels are 18x10 +38 w/ 20 & 5mm spacers. Rear rolled flat, slightly pulled and bolt relocated. Fronts are rolled and fender modded. Still get some contact with the front of the front driver side liner.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CooperS7777
Awesome videos - I need to try and get out to an event with CMC!

I agree!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bet the transition from worn out tarmac to concrete was interesting. the car sems solid!!. C
Old Aug 14, 2014, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by loofee
I bet the transition from worn out tarmac to concrete was interesting. the car sems solid!!. C
Thanks! Rear diff, ACD tune and tcase rebuild is next. I imagine I'll be considering r comps before these wear next season...

Transitions weren't that bad. I think the tires changed alot during a run anyways. Some of the physical transitions not being even was interesting. So much speed. I was close to redline in 3rd both days. 80+mph direct hit to a wall of cones killed my eBay poly lip.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos